posted November 02, 2022
Smoked Bacon Jalapeno Hot Corn Dip
Looking for a warm and comforting appetizer? This bacon jalapeno smoked hot corn dip should do the trick! Made with bacon, jalapenos, cream cheese, and smoked corn on the cob, this dip is exploding with awesome flavor.
Hot Corn Dip with Cream Cheese
Smoky corn, melty cheese, and a creamy jalapeno and bacon-infused base make this dip a flavor force to be reckoned with. This is a “hide in the corner with your chips so nobody bothers you while you eat” kind of dip. It is sinfully rich comfort food and the perfect centerpiece for a tailgate or dinner party.
You don’t need a special occasion to enjoy this hot corn dip. While it’s great for parties, I highly recommend making it whenever you have a hankering for something hot and cheesy.
Ingredients for Hot Corn Dip
This dip is super tasty and fairly easy to make. It only requires 10 ingredients, and many of them you’ll likely have ready to go in your refrigerator or pantry. Here’s what you need to make this hot corn dip.
- 5 ears sweet corn on the cob
- 2 jalapenos
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 8 ounces (1 whole brick) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Hey Grill Hey Fiesta Rub (or your favorite taco seasoning)
- 2 Tablespoons green onions
- Chips and crackers (for dipping)
Hey Grill Hey Fiesta Rub is an awesome BBQ-inspired taco seasoning that tastes amazing in this hot corn dip. You can purchase a bottle from the Hey Grill Hey Store or make it from scratch using my recipe for Homemade Fiesta Rub.
How to Make Smoked Hot Corn Dip
Now that you have all your ingredients assembled, you’re ready to dive into making this corn dip! Here’s how to make smoked corn dip.
- Preheat. Turn on your smoker and preheat it to 275 degrees F.
- Cook the corn. Place the corn on the grill grates of the smoker. Close the lid and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the corn from the smoker and cut the corn off the cob.
- Make the dip. Preheat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat on your stovetop Add the diced bacon and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the jalapenos and cook for 2-3 minutes. Next, add in the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo. Add the corn, Fiesta Rub, and 1 cup of shredded cheese to the skillet. Stir to combine. Top the dip with the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Smoke. Place the dip on the smoker and cook for 45 minutes or until the cheese is melty.
- Serve. Remove the dip from the smoker and allow the skillet to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Tips for Making Hot Corn Dip
Ready to make this smoked hot corn dip? Take a quick moment and read over these tips I compiled while testing out this recipe. They’ll help you make the most amazing dip ever.
- Shred your own cheese. Pre-shredded cheese is coated in starch to prevent clumping. That starch also prevents the cheese from melting as nicely into ooey gooey strands.
- Adjust the spice level. Want to change the spice level so it’s mild or hot and spicy? Use mild canned green chiles in place of the jalapenos for less heat, or sup in spicier peppers like serranos or even habaneros to pump up the zip.
- Can’t find fresh corn? No stress, you can skip smoking the corn and use frozen or drained canned corn. You’ll want 1 1/2 – 2 cups of corn.
More Dip Recipes
Grilled and smoked dips make for the best appetizer or side. Whether you’re enjoying them on game day or any day of the week, try out a few of our favorite recipes below.
Hot Corn Dip Recipe
Follow the recipe, and I’ll teach you the simple steps to making your own hot corn dip at home. If you’re looking for the ultimate way to help you make better BBQ, feed the people you love, and become a backyard BBQ hero, join my members-only group The Grill Squad for full access to all my meat, rubs, sauces, and meat buying masterclasses, podcasts, and so much more.
Bacon Jalapeno Smoked Hot Corn Dip
- 5 ears sweet corn on the cob
- 2 jalapenos (seeds and stem removed and diced)
- ½ pound bacon (diced)
- 1 8-ounce brick cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese (divided use)
- 1 Tablespoon Hey Grill Hey Fiesta Rub (recipe in notes section)
- Preheat. Turn on your smoker and preheat your smoker to 275 degrees F using your favorite hardwood. Any variety of wood works great with this recipe.
- Cook the corn. Set your corn on the smoker grates, close the lid, and cook for 15 minutes, until slightly golden and heated through.
- Make the cheese sauce. While the corn cooks heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat on your stovetop. Add the diced bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes, until most of the fat is rendered. Stir in the jalapenos and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add in the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Stir until smooth.
- Add the corn. Cut the corn off of the cob and add it to the skillet with the other ingredients. Turn the heat on the skillet to low and stir in 1 cup of the shredded cheese and the Fiesta Rub.
- Smoke the corn dip. Top your corn dip with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese and place the whole pan on the smoker grates. Close the lid and smoke for 45 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the skillet is bubbling.
- Serve hot. Carefully remove the hot corn dip from the smoker and top it with the sliced green onions. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or sliced veggies, and enjoy!
- Purchase it from the store HERE: Fiesta Rub
- Make it from scratch using this RECIPE: Homemade Fiesta Rub
BBQ Must Haves
leave a review
Required fields are marked *
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!