This skillet bacon queso is all sorts of bubbly, melty and especially delicious when paired with extra crispy Kettle Brand chips from my sponsors!
Now that you’ve made plans to go grab some Kettle Brand chips, you’ll need a new recipe to dip them in!! I am a lifetime lover and, some might say, connoisseur of queso. To me there is nothing more delightful than a giant scoop of warm, melty, stringy cheese. I’ve eaten many a queso and never have I ever seen queso combined with my favorite of all meats. BACON! So, of course, I had to go there. I used generous amounts of my Homemade Smoked Bacon, fresh garlic, cream cheese, and Monterey jack cheese to create a queso that is ultimately smooth and melty without using any processed American cheese.
Added bonus, this queso recipe is made in one skillet, takes 15 minutes, and tastes so dang good with crispy Kettle Brand chips. I served my queso with both the Sea Salt and Jalapeno flavored chips, and I’ve gotta say the Jalapeno was my favorite. It added just a nice little kick to the queso and kept me going back for more. Hope you guys give this one a try and I super hope that one of my readers wins big in the Kettle Brand Giveaway!! Be sure the watch the video of how to make this awesome skillet bacon queso!
- 1/2 pound bacon diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons green onions sliced
- Preheat an 8 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon pieces until crisp, about 3-4 minutes, and remove from the pan to a paper towel to drain. Leave about 1 Tablespoon of bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the minced garlic to the hot pan and cook for about 2 minutes. Whisk in the softened cream cheese, the chicken stock, the red pepper flakes and the black pepper. Bring to a boil and then turn off the heat.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded Monterey jack cheese and the corn starch. Mix together to coat the cheese shreds evenly. Dumo the cheese into the hot cream cheese/broth mixture. Whisk until the cheese is nice and melty.
- Broil the queso for 2-3 minutes, or until the top is nice and bubbly and golden brown. Top with the cooked bacon and fresh sliced green onions.