This crispy Kettle Brand Chip Crusted Chicken is loaded with a creamy and cheesy stuffing studded with jalapenos and bacon. I’ve partnered with Kettle Brand chips to bring you this recipe. Hope you enjoy!
For my potato chip crusted chicken, I went with the Sea Salt and Black Pepper Krinkle Kettle Brand chips to keep things simple, but I think this recipe could be equally delicious with the Jalapeno flavor, or any of the Barbecue flavors if you’re looking to mix things up! The crispy chip coating on the outside gives way to tender chicken and a lava flow of cream cheese, mild melted cheddar, jalapenos and bacon.
It’s also quick to put together and bakes on the grill (or in your oven) for the ultimate weeknight easy meal. Serve with some simple Grilled Lemon Parmesan Broccoli and you’re all set!
Kettle Brand Chip Crusted Chicken with Bacon and Cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 8.5 oz bag Kettle Brand Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper Krinkle Cut Chips
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
For the Stuffing
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2/3 cup medium cheddar cheese
- 1 medium jalapeno (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Homemade BBQ Sweet Rub (link in recipe notes)
- Preheat your grill to 375 degrees F for 2 zone, or indirect cooking. That means you will either have heat on half of the grill and cooking on the cooler half, or you can use an elevated grilling shelf to remove the chicken from the direct flames of the grill. If you would like you can also bake in the oven at 375 degrees F.
- Use a sharp knife to slice each chicken breast almost all the way in half. Open the slice and press each breast flat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeno, bacon, and homemade sweet rub. Spread 1/4 of the mixture onto each of the butterflied chicken breasts. Fold the breasts over and press the cream cheese mixture so it is evenly distributed within the chicken.
- Dump the bag of Kettle Brand chips into a food processor or blender and pulse until the chips are broken down into crumbs. Alternatively, use a kitchen mallet to crush the chips while they are in the bag. Pour the crumbs out onto a large plate.
- Crack the eggs into a pie pan or other shallow dish and beat lightly with a fork. Dip the stuffed chicken breasts into the eggs, then into the chip crumbs, coating each side.
- Once all of the chicken breasts are coated with the eggs and Kettle Chips, place them on your grill or onto a baking sheet and into the oven. Cook for about 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165 degrees F. Serve immediately and enjoy!