This Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin is amazingly juicy and tender with great flavor from crispy bacon. But the fun doesn’t stop there. The whole tenderloin is wrapped around sweet apple pie filling for the most satisfying pork tenderloin meal ever.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
My dad was the first to introduce me to the perfect flavor combo that is pork and apples. I even used it on my Apple Cider Brined Pulled Pork and my Apple Jalapeno Smoked Ribs. He always ate his pork chops smothered in apple sauce, and I used that concept of sweet and salty flavor marriage with this grilled bacon wrapped pork tenderloin recipe.
This pork tenderloin aims to please. After all, you get all of the best flavors in every single bite! Sweet apples with just a hint of cinnamon are nestled into a juicy grilled pork tenderloin, seasoned with my Sweet BBQ Rub and wrapped in salty, crispy bacon.
This tenderloin makes for a great weeknight meal because it comes together quickly, only uses 4 ingredients, and grills up in just a few minutes!
How to Grill Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
The best cooking method for this pork tenderloin is definitely grilling it over direct heat. The tenderloin cooks very quickly because it is a fairly thin and lean cut of meat, so you don’t want to overcook it while trying to crisp up that bacon. Here’s what you’ll need to do to assemble and grill up this awesome pork:
- Preheat the grill. Turn on your grill of choice and allow it to preheat to 425-450 degrees F.
- Season the pork. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon on Sweet Rub (available for purchase from Patio Provisions, or you can make it yourself using my recipe for Best Sweet Rub) on all sides of the pork.
- Stuff the pork with apple pie filling. Cut a slit lengthwise in the pork, ensuring you do not cut through the bottom of the tenderloin (your goal here is to make a nice pocket for the filling). Next, spoon the apple pie filling into the pocket.
- Wrap with bacon. Carefully wrap the tenderloin in bacon, making sure the strips overlap so then don’t come unraveled. Secure with toothpicks.
- Grill the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. Place the tenderloin on the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flipping a quarter turn each time. Remove when the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Rest and serve. Allow the meat to rest for 8-10 minutes. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Tips for Making Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
I love making this pork for dinner because it’s so fast and easy. If you have this on the menu tonight, here are some tips to ensure it comes out cooked to perfection.
- Monitor temperature with a reliable thermometer. Pork is done at an internal temperature of 145 degrees F, so make sure you have a great instant read thermometer to keep tabs on the temperature while it cooks. You want that apple pie filling nice and bubbly, the pork perfectly juicy, and that bacon nice and caramelized!
- Use toothpicks or skewers to hold the bacon into place. This will help keep the apple pie filling from leaking out too much (a little bit will get out and that’s totally okay). Make a note of how many toothpicks you put into the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin so when it’s finished and you’re ready to eat, you can make sure you get every single one out. Nobody wants to bite down on a runaway toothpick.
- Cook to your preferred bacon crispness. This recipe (over direct heat) will result in very crispy bacon. If you like softer bacon, cook the pork tenderloin over indirect heat the entire cook time.
More Pork Tenderloin Recipes
Whether you stuff it, smoke it, or grill it, pork tenderloin is an extremely delicious and tender cut of meat. Check out more great recipes from Hey Grill Hey below:
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Cooking dinner for your friends or family should be easy. If you’re looking for the ultimate way to help you make better BBQ, feed the people you love, and become a backyard BBQ hero, join my members-only group The Grill Squad for full access to all my meat, rubs, sauces, and meat buying masterclasses, podcasts, and so much more.
Want Hey Grill Hey goodies delivered straight to your door? Patio Provisions has great products to help you make delicious food for your family and friends.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Apples
- 1 1 1/2-2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon Homemade Sweet BBQ Rub link in recipe notes
- 1 21-oz can apple pie filling
- 6-8 slices bacon
- Preheat the grill. Preheat your grill for direct heat grilling to 425-450 degrees F.
- Season the pork. Sprinkle about a teaspoon and a half of the sweet BBQ rub on all sides of the pork tenderloin and rub lightly to ensure even coverage.
- Make a pocket in the tenderloin. Using a sharp knife, start about an inch from the end of the tenderloin and carefully cut a slit lengthwise into the pork tenderloin, stopping an inch from the other end. Cut down as deep as you can but, do NOT slice all the way through the bottom of the tenderloin.
- Stuff the pork with apple pie filling. Spoon the apple pie filling into the slit you cut into the tenderloin. You may have a little bit of the pie filling left behind depending on the size of your tenderloin.
- Wrap with bacon. Starting at one end, slowly wrap the stuffed tenderloin with bacon. Wrap the strips so the edges just barely overlap, creating a nice seal for the apple pie filling. Secure the ends of the bacon with toothpicks. Sprinkle the exterior with the remaining sweet BBQ rub.
- Grill the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. Carefully transfer the wrapped tenderloin to the grill. Grill on each side for 3-4 minutes, flipping only a quarter turn each time. Try not to flip more than once per side to help keep things together.
- Rest and serve. Once your pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F and the bacon is crisp, remove to a cutting board and allow the tenderloin to rest for 8-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
**This post was originally published in September 2017. We recently updated it with more information and helpful tips. The recipe remains the same.