posted March 24, 2022
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Spicy Peach Glaze
These bacon wrapped shrimp with spicy peach glaze are a balanced bite of sweet, savory, and just a kiss of heat. They make a flavor-packed appetizer, side, or main course.
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp on the Grill
Everybody loves bacon wrapped shrimp, but add a gorgeous brush of a sweet and tangy peach glaze and you have a shrimp fit for kings.
Cooking the shrimp on the grill ensures the outside of the bacon is perfectly crisped and the shrimp stay nice and juicy. The final addition of a spicy peach glaze adds both amazing color and flavor to the final product.
Spicy Peach Glaze for Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
My best friend’s mom always made the most amazing fresh peach jam growing up, and those memories absolutely inspired this spicy peach glaze. I highly recommend you use fresh preserves in this recipe, but if you can’t find fresh jam, a storebought jar will do just fine.
This glaze needs a little extra punch to round out that sweet peach jam, so it includes a few dashes of Tabasco sauce, garlic, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard. It is the perfect balance of sweet, savory, plus that classic Tabasco kick!
The glaze recipe makes enough sauce to glaze on the shrimp with a little extra for dipping. If you still find yourself with some of this finger-licking glaze, you can try brushing it on some grilled chicken breasts later in the week. It is absolutely phenomenal and great on a variety of proteins.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Here’s how to make this awesome bacon wrapped shrimp on the grill.
- Make the glaze. Scroll to the recipe card below for ingredients and instructions for making the spicy peach glaze. Set aside 1/4 cup of the glaze for later use.
- Wrap the shrimp. Wrap each shrimp with half a slice of bacon. Season with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Grill. With your grill preheated to 400 degrees F, place the wrapped shrimp directly on the grill grates. Baste with the glaze and flip the shrimp every 2 minutes until the bacon is crisp and the shrimp are opaque. It should take approximately 8 minutes to finish grilling your shrimp.
- Enjoy. Remove all the shrimp to a serving dish. Enjoy the shrimp with the reserved 1/4 cup of sauce for dipping.
Tips for Grilling Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
It can be a bit tricky to get bacon wrapped shrimp cooked just right, so here are some tips to take into account when you grill this shrimp.
- Pay attention to doneness. Shrimp and bacon typically have two different cooking times, so it is important to pay attention to both elements so they are cooked perfectly and done at the same time. For this recipe, I recommend using Extra Jumbo Shrimp (16-20 per pound) and avoiding any thick-sliced bacon. This size shrimp will be thick enough to give the bacon time to cook through and crisp without overcooking the shrimp themselves.
- Use toothpicks. I feel these bacon wrapped shrimp really need a skewer or toothpick to keep everything together. You can use individual toothpicks if you want to serve as an appetizer, or for an entree-sized serving, you can thread 4-5 shrimp on a kebab skewer. Just make sure the ends of the bacon are secured to the bacon to prevent them from unraveling on the grill.
- Add some heat. Feel free to play around with how spicy you make the glaze by adding more or less Tabasco sauce.
More Grilled Shrimp Recipes
Loved grilled shrimp? You’re in the right place! Hey Grill Hey has a great collection of grilled shrimp recipes to help you feed the people you love. Check out a few of our favorites below.
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
Let us know what you thought of this recipe in the comments section below! We love creating a community of backyard BBQ heroes who are ready to tackle anything on the grill or smoker.
Connect with Hey Grill Hey! If you want to see more of my recipes, tips, and behind-the-scenes action, follow along on my social channels. You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube!
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Spicy Peach Glaze
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp (peeled and veins removed)
- ½ pound bacon (strips cut in half)
- fresh cracked black pepper
Spicy Peach Glaze
- 2 cups peach preserves
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Tabasco brand pepper sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (about 450 degrees F).
- Make the glaze. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for the spicy peach glaze, and season with the salt and pepper to taste. Set aside ¼ cup of the glaze.
- Prep the shrimp. Wrap each shrimp with half a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick (if necessary). Season the shrimp with black pepper.
- Grill. Place the bacon wrapped shrimp directly on the grill. Baste with the spicy peach glaze and flip the shrimp every two minutes until the bacon is crisp and the shrimp are opaque. This should take around 7-8 minutes total.
- Enjoy. Remove the shrimp from the grill and serve alongside the reserved glaze as a dipping sauce.
BBQ Must Haves
leave a review
Required fields are marked *
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!