posted November 13, 2019
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
Ditch that old, soggy green bean casserole this holiday season, and cook up these sweet and savory green bean bundles for your next holiday meal! Nobody will miss the old green bean gloop, I promise.
Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
Do you ever get sick of making the same old thing day after day? Are those simple steamed or grilled green beans just not cutting it for you anymore? If so, I have the solution for you! These bacon wrapped green beans come in a handy bundle. They taste delicious and each come in their own serving size.
I’m not a big fan of green bean casserole on Thanksgiving. I find that it’s too gooey and the green beans end up soggy and not appetizing by dinnertime. These bacon wrapped green beans are a fantastic side dish to make on Thanksgiving to add a vegetable to the table without making that soggy goop.
Oh, and did you see how these green beans each come in their own perfect little serving size? So you can make as many of them as the number of guests you’ll have (Though, you better make extra. Most folks in our family grab at least two of these by the end of the meal. They’re that good).
How to Cook Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
These bacon wrapped green beans take the tiniest bit of extra preparation, but once you’ve got them seasoned and wrapped, you’re only looking at a 15-minute cook time (or less!) before they’ll be ready to eat.
- Boil the beans. Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Place the beans in the water, cover with a lid, and boil for 8 minutes. Drain the water and allow the green beans to cool.
- Season the green beans. Mix the butter, brown sugar, garlic, and soy sauce in a bowl. Add the green beans to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Preheat the grill. Turn on your pellet grill and allow to preheat to 400-425 degrees F.
- Make the bundles. Wrap 8-10 green beans tightly with a strip of bacon. (You can use a toothpick if needed to help secure these). Sprinkle with black pepper. Repeat with remaining green beans.
- Grill the green bean bundles. Place the bacon wrapped green bean bundles directly on the grill grates and cook for 10-15 minutes. Turn as needed to allow the bacon to crisp evenly. Cook the bundles until the bacon is good and crisp and the green beans are tender (but not soggy!)
These bacon wrapped green beans are best served immediately, so if you are cooking them for a family party or holiday meal, I recommend saving them for last. Unlike the turkey which can rest for a bit, I like to pull these off the grill, place them on a serving platter, and take them straight to the table.
More Bacon Wrapped Vegetables
I’m a bit fan of wrapping food in bacon. And nothing makes a tastier side than wrapping vegetables in bacon. Check out the links below to see just a few of my bacon wrapped sides that will be the star of the table.
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans Recipe
Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
- 1 ½ pounds green beans (trimmed)
- 4 strips bacon (cut in half)
- 3 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Submerge the green beans in the water, cover with a lid, and boil for 8 minutes. Drain the water from the pan and cool the green beans completely.
- In a large bowl combine the butter, brown sugar, garlic, and soy sauce. Toss the cooled green beans in the butter and brown sugar mixture.
- Taking 8-10 green beans in a bundle, wrap tightly with a strip of bacon around the center. Secure with a toothpick if necessary. Sprinkle each bundle with cracked black pepper. Repeat with the remaining bacon and green beans.
- When ready to cook, start your pellet grill on the smoke setting with the lid open for 4-5 minutes to establish the fire. Close the lid and set the temperature to the highest setting (about 400-425 degrees). Allow the grill to preheat for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the green bean bundles on the grill and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning as needed, until the bacon is crisp and the green beans are tender. Serve immediately.
BBQ Must Haves
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!