#baconmonth continues! This post for my Triple Pork Breakfast Fatty, and all of the other #baconmonth posts are sponsored by Torani and Lodge Cast Iron. Their support is helping us bring you all bacon, all month long! All opinions are, of course, completely my own.
I believe that breakfast is the perfect meal and that it can be acceptably eaten at any time of day. I love all breakfast foods from sausage to cereal and everything in between! Which is maybe why I went a little mad scientist with this breakfast fatty and added all of the breakfast foods. You know when you are at a restaurant ordering breakfast and you have to choose between bacon, sausage, OR ham? The injustice. Well, I say no more! Now you can have your meats and eat them too, along with a healthy serving of eggs and cheese. Speaking of the eggs, Lodge sent me their carbon steel 12 inch skillet and I am full on obsessed. Similar even heat distribution to their cast iron, but much lighter. This is my new “every day” skillet and I can’t wait to take it camping too!
This sassy little fatty will fulfill all of your #breakfastgoals. Melty sharp cheddar is enrobed in scrambled eggs spiked with diced ham (pork #1). That layer is lovingly wrapped up inside of sweet pork sausage (pork #2) and the whole thing is snuggled up in a beautiful bacon blankie (pork #3). A nice dusting of my famous Sweet Rub and a little slather of BBQ sauce brings it home! This breakfast fatty hits all of the right flavor notes.
PRO TIP: When assembling your bacon blanket, follow the step by step picture instructions on THIS POST. Also, make sure your weave is nice and tight and toothpick the ends of the bacon together. The cheese inside will get melty and you want to keep it in the fatty.
Grilling your fatty over indirect heat is the trick to even cooking without major flare ups from the bacon drippings. Flare ups mean charred bacon, so definitely use two zone cooking (heat on one side of the grill and not the other) if you don’t have a pellet grill or kamado style grill. Keep the fatty on the side of the grill with no direct heat and allow the heat from the other side of the grill to cook the fatty without any burning!
Finally, scroll through the amazing images below and check out the links for even more #baconmonth goodies and DEFINITELY go to the announcement post and enter to win our awesome prizes!! Gift cards to Lodge, Torani, and cold hard digital cash from PayPal!
20 Minute Potato Wedges from Kleinworth & Co.
Duck Bacon Lettuce And Tomato from Nomageddon
Bacon-Wrapped Ranch Pretzels from Around My Family Table
Bacon Berry Salad with Mojito Dressing from It Is A Keeper
Hog Wild Sammich from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Caramel Bacon Pull Apart Bread from A Dash of Sanity
Southwestern Bacon BBQ Pizza from A Simple Pantry
Triple Pork Breakfast Fatty
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 lb sweet pork sausage
- 6 eggs scrambled
- 4 oz diced ham
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese cut into 1/2 inch sticks
- Preheat your grill for indirect cooking to 375 degrees F.
- Assemble your bacon weave on a piece of parchment paper. Top with the pork sausage and spread out into an even layer with your fingers.
- Spoon the scrambled eggs into the center of the sausage and nestle the cheese sticks directly down the center.
- Gently lift up one end of the parchment paper and begin rolling your fatty. Once the roll is completed, remove the parchment paper and secure the ends of the bacon together with toothpicks.
- Season liberally with a sweet BBQ rub and place on the grill over indirect heat. Cook for about 40 minutes or until the internal temperature is about 160 degrees.
- Baste with your favorite BBQ sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce is set and the internal temperature reached 165 degrees.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 4-5 minutes before slicing and serving! Serve alongside hashbrowns and pancakes for a complete breakfast.