posted July 12, 2022
Thai Grilled Chicken Pizza
This recipe for Thai Grilled Chicken Pizza is a savory combination of bright Thai flavors on a crisp, thin pizza crust. It’s a healthy and easy dinner option when you are wanting something on the lite side that still packs a punch of flavor.
Grilled Thai Chicken Pizza
For a while now, many of my readers have been requesting dishes that are a little lighter and leaner than my typical fare (I’m lookin’ at you, Big Fat Fatty Burger). This recipe comes straight from the pages of my Hey, Fit Grill eBook (available for free when you become a member of The Grill Squad!) and I’m sharing it with you today hopefully to whet your appetite for unbelievably delicious grilled food that also happens to be super healthy.
To be honest with you, my family eats food like this Thai Grilled Chicken Pizza most weeknights. We do love to BBQ and typically take it low and slow on the weekends, but during the busy week when my kids are bouncing around from school to homework to activities, I use my grill to cook quick and easy meals hot and fast.
Easy Grilled Chicken Pizza
Not only is this recipe healthy, but it’s easy as well. It goes from fridge to plate in 30 minutes (or less if you prep the chicken earlier in the day or week) and is loaded with so many delicious layers of flavor! The whole wheat crust is thin, to save on both calories and cooking time. The peanut sauce comes together in seconds. Then it’s all about those fresh veggies for flavor and the crunch factor.
If you’re looking for a more traditional grilled chicken pizza recipe, check out my post for BBQ Chicken Pizza on this site.
How to Make Grilled Chicken Pizza
Once you have all your ingredients assembled, you’re ready to make this tasty entree. Here’s how to make Thai grilled chicken pizza.
- Preheat. Turn on either a gas or charcoal grill and preheat to High. Place the pizza stone on the grill to preheat.
- Grill the chicken. Season the chicken with curry powder and place it directly on the preheated grill grates. Grill the chicken for around 15 minutes, flipping once. Remove when the chicken has reached 165 degrees F as measured by an instant-read thermometer. Rest for 5 minutes then slice.
- Make the sauce. Combine all ingredients for the peanut sauce in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Assemble. Spread a thin layer of peanut sauce over the pizza crust. Top with sliced grilled chicken, red cabbage, and shredded carrots.
- Grill the pizza. Place the pizza stone on the grill and cook for around 5 minutes or until the bottom of the crust is golden brown.
- Enjoy. Remove the pizza from the grill and top with fresh cilantro and sugar snap peas. You can also drizzle with some sweet Thai chili sauce for an added punch of flavor. Slice the pizza and serve!
Tips for Making Thai Grilled Chicken Pizza
Here are some tips for making this healthy and easy Thai grilled chicken pizza.
- Use a pizza stone or pizza sheet. These give you a more even distribution of heat along the bottom of the crust so it gets nice and crisp without burning in any one particular spot. To save even more time, use two whole wheat pita rounds as the base for this pizza.
- Make your own crust. This particular recipe uses a pre-made whole wheat pizza crust so the stone is super helpful, but if you want to try doing the whole thing from scratch then check out my recipe for Homemade Grilled Pizza Dough. The homemade crust seems to fare better cooking directly over hot coals, so it’s really up to you to choose what approach you’d like to take.
- Make in advance. You can make the peanut sauce and grill the chicken in advance. It saves a bunch of prep time when you’re ready to cook.
More Grilled Pizza Recipes
There’s something about pizza cooked on a grill that just hits different. If you’re looking to try out other tasty grilled pizza recipes, check out a few of our favorites here at Hey Grill Hey.
- Deep Dish Pizza in a Dutch Oven
- Wood Fired Pizza with Red Pesto and Grilled Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
Thai Grilled Chicken Pizza Recipe
Cooking dinner for your friends or family should be easy. If you’re looking for the ultimate way to help you make better BBQ, feed the people you love, and become a backyard BBQ hero, join my members-only group The Grill Squad for full access to all my meat, rubs, sauces, and meat buying masterclasses, podcasts, and so much more.
This post was originally published in January 2018. We recently updated it with more information and helpful tips. The recipe remains the same.
Thai Grilled Chicken Pizza
- 1 12-14 inch whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon powdered curry seasoning
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- ¼ cup chopped sugar snap peas
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup sweet Thai red chili sauce (optional)
For the Peanut Sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat. Turn on the grill to High and preheat for a few minutes while you prepare your chicken. Place the pizza stone on the grill to preheat.
- Grill the chicken. Season the chicken breast on all sides with the curry powder and place it on the grill grates. Cook for 15-18 minutes, flipping once until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165 degrees F.
- Make the sauce. While the chicken is cooking, combine all ingredients for the peanut sauce in a blender and mix until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Rest and slice. Remove the chicken from the grill and place it on a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the grilled chicken.
- Assemble the pizza. Spread a thin layer of peanut sauce over the top of the pizza crust. Top with sliced grilled chicken, red cabbage, and carrots.
- Grill the pizza. Carefully transfer to the pizza stone and grill for 4-6 minutes until the bottom of the crust is crisp and the edges are golden brown.
- Serve. Remove the pizza to a large cutting board and sprinkle on the fresh cilantro and sugar snap peas. Drizzle with the Thai sweet chili sauce, if desired. Slice into triangles and serve.
BBQ Must Haves
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!