posted January 04, 2018
Thai Grilled Chicken Pizza
Thai Grilled Chicken Pizza is a savory combination of bright Thai flavors on a crisp, thin pizza crust.
For a while now, many of my readers have been requesting dishes that are a little lighter and leaner than my typical fare (I’m lookin’ at you, Big Fat Fatty Burger). This recipe comes straight from the pages of my Hey, Fit Grill eBook and I’m sharing it with you today hopefully to wet your appetite for unbelievably delicious grilled food that also happens to be super healthy.
I know how it feels to try and hunt down recipes that fit the bill of being simple, delicious, and doesn’t give your cardiologist a reason to put you on their “Christmas Card List.” That’s why I got together with my friend Jill (from jillkfitness.com) and put together the Hey, Fit Grill eBook in the fist place. It has delicious grilled recipes designed for simple weeknight dinners, utilizing leftovers for breakfast or lunch the next day, as well as macro nutrient counts for all of the meals and an awesome exercise and meal plan to help you make the most of your health and wellness goals. You can read more about the eBook and buy your own downloadable copy HERE.
To be honest with you, my family eats food like this Thai Grilled Chicken Pizza most weeknights. We do love to BBQ and typically take it low and slow on the weekends, but during the busy week when my kids are bouncing around from school to homework to activities I use my grill to cook healthy meals hot and fast.
This one goes from fridge to plate in 30 minutes (or less if you prep the chicken earlier in the day or week) and is loaded with so many delicious layers of flavor! The whole wheat crust is thin, to save on both calories and cooking time. The peanut sauce comes together in seconds. Then it’s all about those fresh veggies for flavor and the crunch factor.
How to make Grilled Chicken Pizza
My best advice for this grilled pizza is to invest in a pizza stone or a metal pizza sheet. This gives you a more even distribution of heat along the bottom of the crust so it gets nice and crisp without burning in any one particular spot.
This particular recipes uses a pre-made whole wheat pizza crust so the stone is super helpful, but if you want to try doing the whole thing from scratch then check out THIS RECIPE for a delicious and simple homemade pizza crust. The homemade crust seems to fare better cooking directly over hot coals, so it’s really up to you to choose what approach you’d like to take.
Another Grilled Chicken Pizza Recipe
If you loved this Thai Grilled Chicken Recipe, check out my recipe for a Grilled Red Pesto Chicken Pizza! So good!
Thai Grilled Chicken Pizza
- 1 boneless (skinless chicken breast)
- 1 teaspoon powdered curry seasoning (your favorite brand)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup sweet Thai red chili sauce (optional)
- 1 whole wheat pizza crust or 2 whole wheat pita rounds (12-14 inch, 6-inch)
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicy)
- Start your grill on High and preheat for a few minutes while you prepare your chicken. Place your pizza stone on the grill to preheat.
- Season the chicken breast on all sides with the curry powder and place on the grill grate. Cook for 15-18 minutes, flipping once, until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F. Remove the chicken from the grill and place on a cutting board to rest.
- While your chicken is cooking, combine all ingredients for the peanut sauce in a blender and mix until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the grilled chicken.
- Spread a thin layer of the peanut sauce all over the top of the pizza crust. Top with the sliced grilled chicken, red cabbage, and carrots.
- Carefully transfer to the pizza stone and grill for 4-6 minutes until the bottom of the crust is crisp and the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the pizza to a large cutting board and sprinkle on the fresh cilantro and sugar snap peas. Drizzle with the Thai sweet chili sauce, if desired. Slice into triangles and serve.
join the grill squad
Looking to up your BBQ game and become the ultimate backyard BBQ hero? Join my members-only group, The Grill Squad, for full access to my master classes, podcasts, and so much more! For a one-time payment of $89.99, you’ll join an amazing community of grillers that will help support you as you feed the people you love.
Join the Grill Squad