posted August 04, 2020
Strawberry Bruschetta with Honey Mascarpone
This Strawberry Bruschetta with Honey Mascarpone is a fresh and flavorful appetizer with caramelized crostinis, sweetened mascarpone, and a strawberry and grilled peach bruschetta. It’s light and a perfect appetizer when you want something sweet and delicious.
Summer calls for late nights and casual get togethers with simple food that feeds a crowd. We love impromptu gatherings, and I try to have recipes in my back pocket that I can whip up in just a few minutes.
For these hot summer nights I want food that is light, fresh, and bright. Food that is beautiful and begs you to grab a bite as you walk by on your way to chat with whoever just joined the party. This recipe for strawberry bruschetta with honey mascarpone really embodies that feeling. I just love how food can make you feel things.
Grilled Strawberry Bruschetta
The crisp caramelized crostinis are spread with slightly sweetened honey mascarpone and then topped with…well….magic. There aren’t even enough words to describe the effervescent nature of this fruit fiesta. There’s fresh strawberries, grilled peaches, basil, a splash of white balsamic and cracked black pepper. It is bright, it is so fresh, there is a richness from the grilled peaches, and a crazy layer of warmth from the black pepper. It is like yummy summer in a little mouthful.
Next time you find yourself invited to a pot luck, a backyard gathering, or you just want an excuse to eat a whole baguette by yourself give this recipe a whirl!
Ingredients for Strawberry Bruschetta
This recipe requires a handful of fresh fruit and ingredients. Since these appetizers are nice and dainty, make sure you pick out the best ingredients. Choose a large yellow peach that is flavorful and juicy. Make sure your strawberries are dark red and your basil is fresh. Ensuring your ingredients are of the best quality will make your bruschetta the best of the best.
Here’s what you’ll need to assemble prior to making your bruschetta:
- Fresh strawberries
- Yellow peach
- Olive oil
- Basil leaves
- White balsamic vinegar
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Mascarpone cheese
- Softened butter
Tips for Making Strawberry Bruschetta
Here are some tips to help you achieve the most amazing strawberry bruschetta ever.
- Choose white balsamic. If you are making a trip to the store, be sure to scope out the white balsamic vinegar. It really has a lighter, more fragrant flavor than regular balsamic. It truly is the secret ingredient to this whole dish. If you can’t find white balsamic, regular balsamic vinegar will work fine. Simply use a bit less as the flavor can be stronger and a bit more acidic.
- Mix gently. When combining all your ingredients to top on top of the baguette, mix gently so you don’t crush the fruit. You want your fruit to remain in whole pieces for the best texture and flavor.
- Try cream cheese. If you don’t have (or can’t find) mascarpone cheese, cream cheese will work just fine with this recipe. It’ll change the flavor a bit, but you’ll still have the same creamy consistency that should compliment the bruschetta well.
More BBQ Fruit Recipes
In case you haven’t started incorporating fruit into your BBQ routine, now is the time to start! Check out these awesome recipes from Hey Grill Hey below:
- Grilled Pineapple with Brown Sugar and Sea Salt
- Grilled Watermelon Pizza with Honey and Lime
- Cherry Berry Dutch Oven Cobbler
Strawberry Bruschetta with Honey Mascarpone Recipe
Strawberry Bruschetta with Honey Mascarpone
- 1 large yellow peach (sliced in half, pit removed)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 baguette (thinly sliced)
- 3 Tablespoons butter (softened)
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries (sliced)
- 3 Tablespoons basil leaves (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat the grill. Prepare your grill for direct cooking over high heat.
- Grill the peach. Brush the cut sides of the peach with olive oil and place directly on the grill. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the flesh is charred, but still firm. Remove to a plate and allow to cool.
- Make the caramelized baguette. Spread the softened butter on the sliced pieces of baguette and sprinkle with sugar. Place the sugared side of the bread down on the grill and toast for 1-2 minutes. Watch carefully so the sugar caramelizes, but doesn't burn.
- Prepare the bruschetta. In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries, basil, white balsamic vinegar, sugar, and black pepper. Dice the grilled peach and gently stir it into the bruschetta.
- Make the honey marscapone. In a small bowl combine the Mascarpone cheese and the honey.
- Assemble the strawberry bruschetta. Arrange by spreading the honey Mascarpone on the baguette and topping with the strawberry bruschetta. You can also set all of the elements out and allow each guest to build their own masterpiece.
**This post was originally published in June 2015. We recently updated it with more information and helpful tips. The recipe remains the same.
BBQ Must Haves
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!