Summer calls for late nights and casual get togethers with simple food that feeds a crowd. We love impromptu gatherings and I try to have recipes in my back pocket that I can whip up in just a few minutes. I want food that is light, fresh, and bright. Food that is beautiful and begs you to grab a bite as you walk by on your way to chat with whoever just joined the party. This recipe for Strawberry Bruschetta with Honey Mascarpone really embodies that feeling. Ugh I LOVE how food can make you feeeeeeel things.
Pro Tip: If you are making a trip to the store anyways, be sure to scope out the white balsamic. It really has a lighter, more fragrant flavor. It is the real secret to the whole topping. If you don’t have it or can’t find it, regular balsamic will totally work fine! Just use a little bit less as the flavor can be more acidic.
Next time you find yourself invited to a pot luck, a backyard gathering, or you just want an excuse to eat a whole baguette by yourself give this recipe a whirl!
Strawberry Bruschetta with Honey Mascarpone
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 yellow peach sliced in half, pit removed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 baguette thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Prepare your grill for direct cooking over high heat.
- Brush the cut sides of the peach with olive oil and place directly on the grill. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the flesh is charred, but still firm. Remove to a plate and allow to cool.
- Spread the softened butter on the sliced pieces of baguette and sprinkle with sugar. Place the sugared side of the bread down on the grill and toast for 1-2 minutes. Watch carefully so the sugar caramelizes, but doesn't burn.
- Once your bread is toasted, it's time to prepare the bruschetta. In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries, basil, balsamic, sugar, and pepper. Dice the grilled peach and gently stir it into the bruschetta.
- In a small bowl combine the Mascarpone cheese and the honey.
- Arrange by spreading the honey Mascarpone on the today's bread and topping with the strawberry bruschetta. You can also set all of the elements out and allow each guest to build their own masterpiece.