This simple grilled shrimp salad has all the delicious flavors of a traditional ceasar salad with a lemony twist. This grilled shrimp salad is so quick and easy to make, you are going to love this for a simple dinner or side dish!
So, if you don’t already know, I’m a work from home kind of Mom and quick weeknight meals are totally my jam. I like food that I can cook quickly, get on the table fast, and not have to dirty a million pans while making. So of course that is when I fire up the grill! The flavors on the shrimp alone would make a delicious meal, but when added to this ceasar salad they are outstanding!
Grilled Shrimp Salad
I think I am so partial towards grilling because I feel almost morally opposed to doing the dishes. Ask anybody who has ever lived with me and they will attest to my dish-doing suckiness (sorry guys). With the grill, and this recipe in particular, dinner goes from the freezer to a bag to the grill and then onto my plate. Minimal effort, hardly any clean up and the result is a stand-out healthy meal that my family will eat. That’s what it is alllllllll about for me.
Plus, when I’m outside cooking, my kids are usually outside which equals less mess in the house and happier, more active kids. Honestly I can’t list all of the ways in which just cooking my weeknight meals on the grill has made my life better. Did I mention the dishes thing? Just wanted to make sure. It’s, uuhhhh, like really important to me. Now for the food!
Easy Shrimp Salad
These grilled shrimp are perfectly tender and lightly seasoned with lemon pepper (something you probably actually have in your pantry, hallelujah and amen) and tossed into a tangy and crisp Caesar salad. The lemon pepper works so beautifully with the Caesar dressing. Most good Caesar dressings already have lemon juice and pepper in them so it’s just an honest continuation of the good flavors already going on in there plus the added bonus of yummy shrimp. I know I’m kind of cheating with a store bought salad kit here, but it’s simple and available and I don’t have to buy a 5 lb bag of croutons just for one recipe so it works for me. Talk about easy.
If you want to be fancy, please feel free to sub the salad kit for freshly torn romaine leaves, organic homemade Caesar salad dressing, etc. But don’t come blaming me when it takes longer than 15 minutes to get dinner on the table. Wink smile.
Grilled Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1 lb frozen shrimp 21-25, deveined and peeled
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 bag Caesar salad kit storebought
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese shredded or shaved
- Start by preheating your grill to medium high heat (approx 400 degrees F).
- Prepare your shrimp by rinsing in cool water to remove any broken tail pieces or large chunks of ice. Pat dry and dump in a gallon zip top bag. Pour the olive oil and lemon pepper over the shrimp. Close the zip top and toss to combine.
- Once your grill is preheated, lightly oil your grill grates with olive oil or use a grill basket or non stick grill mat to prevent the shrimp from sticking and falling through the grates. Place the shrimp on the grill and close the lid. Cook for 4-6 minutes per side until the shrimp is completely opaque and beautifully pink.
- While the shrimp cooks, combine all ingredients for the salad in a large bowl. Dish up each portion of salad into individual serving dishes and top with the cooked shrimp. Sprinkle with the additional Parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve.
- This dish can also be prepared ahead of time and the shrimp served chilled on top of the salad. Makes a great lunch or quick weeknight meal!