posted April 20, 2021
Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad
This simple Grilled Shrimp Salad has all the delicious flavors of a traditional Caesar salad with a lemony twist. It is quick and easy to make, and you are going to love this for a simple dinner or side dish!
Easy Shrimp Salad
I’m a work from home kind of mom, and quick weeknight meals are totally my jam. I like food that I can cook quickly, get on the table fast, and not have to dirty a million pans while making. So of course that is when I fire up the grill! The flavors on the shrimp alone would make a delicious meal, but when added to this Caesar salad they are outstanding!
The grilled shrimp are perfectly tender and lightly seasoned with lemon pepper (something you probably actually have in your pantry, hallelujah and amen) and tossed into a tangy and crisp Caesar salad. The lemon pepper works so beautifully with the Caesar dressing. Most Caesar dressings already have lemon juice and pepper in them so it’s just an honest continuation of the good flavors already going on in there plus the added bonus of yummy shrimp.
I know I’m kind of cheating with a store bought salad kit here, but it’s simple and available and I don’t have to buy a 5-pound bag of croutons just for one recipe so it works for me. Talk about easy!
If you want to be fancy, please feel free to sub the salad kit for freshly torn romaine leaves, organic homemade Caesar salad dressing, etc. But don’t come blaming me when it takes longer than 15 minutes to get dinner on the table. Wink, smile.
Grilled Shrimp Salad
I think I am so partial towards grilling because I feel almost morally opposed to doing the dishes. Ask anybody who has ever lived with me and they will attest to my dish-doing suckiness (sorry guys). With the grill, and this recipe in particular, dinner goes from the freezer to a bag to the grill and then onto my plate. Minimal effort, hardly any clean up, and the result is a stand-out healthy meal that my family will eat. That’s what it is all about for me.
Plus, when I’m outside cooking, my kids are usually outside which equals less mess in the house and happier, more active kids. Honestly I can’t list all of the ways in which just cooking my weeknight meals on the grill has made my life better. Did I mention the dishes thing? Just wanted to make sure. It’s, uuhhhh, like really important to me. Now for the food!
How to Make a Grilled Shrimp Salad
When I say this salad is easy, I’m not joking. It could possibly be the easiest recipe on my site, with few ingredients, and less than 15 minutes from start to finish. Here’s how to make a grilled shrimp salad (make sure and scroll to the end of this post for a full printable recipe card with ingredients and full detailed instructions).
- Season. Place the shrimp in a gallon sized zip top bag with olive oil and lemon pepper. Toss to evenly coat the shrimp.
- Grill. With your grill preheated to 400 degrees F, grill the shrimp for 4-6 minutes per side until they are cooked throughout.
- Assemble. Dish up each portion of salad in a large bowl. Add the shrimp, sauce, and Parmesan cheese and serve immediately!
Yup. That’s all folks. Now do you believe me that this is the easiest dinner (or lunch) you’ll ever make? Bonus points for added flavor and a bit of healthiness as well!
More Salad Recipes
Looking for a healthy BBQ dinner option this week? Try out more salads from Hey Grill Hey!
- Grilled Corn Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Jalapeno Lime Ranch
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
Grilled Shrimp Salad Recipe
Lemon Pepper Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad
- 1 pound frozen shrimp (21-25, deveined and peeled)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 bag Caesar salad kit (storebought)
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese (shredded or shaved)
- Preheat the grill. Start by preheating your grill to medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Season the shrimp. Prepare your shrimp by rinsing in cool water to remove any broken tail pieces or large chunks of ice. Pat dry and dump in a gallon zip top bag. Pour the olive oil and lemon pepper over the shrimp. Close the zip top and toss to combine.
- Grill the shrimp. Once your grill is preheated, lightly oil your grill grates with olive oil or use a grill basket or non stick grill mat to prevent the shrimp from sticking and falling through the grates. Place the shrimp on the grill and close the lid. Cook for 4-6 minutes per side until the shrimp is completely opaque and beautifully pink.
- Assemble the salad. While the shrimp cooks, combine all ingredients for the salad in a large bowl. Dish up each portion of salad into individual serving dishes and top with the cooked shrimp. Sprinkle with the additional Parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve. This dish can also be prepared ahead of time and the shrimp served chilled on top of the salad. Makes a great lunch or quick weeknight meal!
**This post was originally published in April 2015. We recently updated it with more information and helpful tips. The recipe remains the same.
BBQ Must Haves
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!