posted August 11, 2020
Grilled Corn Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
This Grilled Corn Salad with Lime Vinaigrette is a bright and fresh addition to any meal or dinner party. This dish is an amazing blend of colors, textures, and flavors. Great served as a side dish, or with a large bag of chips, each bite is better than the last!
Grilled Corn Salad
It’s late summer/early fall and the sweet corn is plentiful, affordable, and absolutely delicious! I honestly cannot get enough of sweet corn come August and September. The corn is so crisp and sweet, I don’t even feel that the corn in this salad needs a ton of cooking. The corn packs a little extra crunch that comes with just grilling it long enough to char the kernels. The key to cooking this corn just right is to keep the grill good and hot (around 450-500 degrees F), and prep to grill on the grates directly over a hot fire. With this high, direct heat, the corn only takes a couple of minutes to start roasting.
This corn is a family favorite, and it was featured on my Food Network special Grill Power in July 2020. It is kid-friendly and a great side dish for any BBQ you plan on making.
Once the corn is grilled, it’s time to cut it off the cob. I usually hold the corn vertical and slice straight down the side. Grab a sharp knife, and make sure to run your knife down the cob after slicing to get all of that sweet corn milk, and dump it all in a big salad bowl. Once your corn is ready, all you have left to do is chop and add in the rest of the delicious vegetables. This recipe includes sweet bell peppers, punchy red onions, tart cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and creamy avocado to round it all out.
Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad
This grilled corn salad is a wonderful blend of flavors and textures. Crunchy and smooth, sweet and savory, it’ll satisfy any palate. By adding in a creamy avocado and a tasty Tabasco-infused lime vinaigrette, this grilled corn and avocado salad packs a real flavor punch.
The secret to making this grilled corn and avocado salad the best of the best is in the vinaigrette. For the Tabasco lime dressing, I used Tabasco Chipotle Sauce as the base and balanced the smoky heat with honey, fresh lime juice, and a little kick of garlic. It is a great complement to all of the flavors we’ve got going on in the salad.
How to Make Grilled Corn Salad
I love to make this corn salad when I want a fresh side to eat along with some rich and smoky BBQ. It’s relatively easy to make, and it’s ready in under 30 minutes.
- Turn on the grill. Preheat your grill to High heat.
- Grill the corn. Remove leaves and silk from the corn. Place the corn directly on the grill and roast for 7-10 minutes. Turn frequently, and grill until the outside of the corn in lightly charred.
- Cut the corn and add the veggies. Allow the corn to cool, and cut off the kernels into a large bowl. Add the onion, avocado, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro to the corn and toss gently. Set the bowl aside.
- Make the lime vinaigrette. Whisk all ingredients for the Tabasco lime vinaigrette in a small bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate and serve. Place the grilled corn salad in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. This salad is great as a BBQ side dish or served with chips.
More Corn Recipes
Is your garden bursting with a crop of fresh corn? Did you practically buy all the sweet corn from your local farmer’s market this past weekend? If you’re needing to cook up a bunch of corn fast, try out my other grilled corn recipes below!
Grilled Corn Salad Recipe
Grilled Corn Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- 6 ears corn
- ½ red onion (diced)
- 1 orange bell pepper (diced)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 1 bunch cilantro (chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
TABASCO Lime Vinaigrette
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Grill the corn. Preheat your grill to high. Remove any leaves or silk from the corn. Place the corn on the grill and roast for 7-10 minutes, turning frequently, until the outside of the corn is lightly charred.
- Make the grilled corn salad. Allow the corn to cool completely. Cut off all of the corn kernels and dump them into a large bowl. Add the onion, bell pepper, avocado, cherry tomatoes and cilantro to the corn and toss gently to combine. Set aside.
- Make the Tabasco lime vinaigrette. Combine all of the ingredients for the Tabasco lime vinaigrette in a small bowl, whisking to dissolve the honey and salt. Pour over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Refrigerate and serve. Refrigerate until ready to serve. This grilled corn salad is great as a side dish or served with chips!
**This post was originally published in September 2018. We recently updated it with more information and helpful tips. The recipe remains the same.
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!