posted September 12, 2019
Buffalo Grilled Corn with Blue Cheese
Buffalo Grilled Corn is the biggest thing to hit corn since man found out he could put it in a fire. Tangy, saucy, fire roasted corn is topped with funky blue cheese for a whole mouth full of flavor.
Buffalo Grilled Corn
Buffalo grilled corn is a fun take on simple grilled corn in the husk. I grilled this corn on my charcoal grill, but you can use any grill that allows you to cook indirectly for the first step and then increase the heat for direct cooking for the second step.
The secret to perfect Buffalo grilled corn is the combo of the Buffalo wing sauce and the melted butter. You can’t have corn without butter, and by adding butter to the Buffalo sauce, the flavors combine for a perfect corn sauce. Once you slather the sauce on nice and thick, grilling the corn over the super high heat gives it a nice char. Keep an eye on your corn because it goes from sauced to roasted perfection in just a couple of minutes. If you like it saucy, keep basting the corn with the Buffalo sauce while it grills.
Once that perfectly grilled corn is ready to pull off the grill, sprinkle it liberally with some crumbled smoked blue cheese. Try and go with smoked blue cheese if you can find it. That extra smoky flavor adds an almost bacon-y vibe to the corn. If you can’t locate smoked blue cheese, the regular kind will do nicely as well.
If you’re not a blue cheese fan at all, some drizzled ranch dressing is the perfect complement to the spicy sauce! Bring Buffalo Grilled Corn to your next party and watch people start to drool. It’s irresistible!
How to Grill Corn with Buffalo Sauce
This delicious corn is grilled in the husk, slathered in Buffalo sauce, then sprinkled with blue cheese for a complete flavor explosion. Here are the step-by-step instructions to help you grill your corn to popping perfection:
- Preheat the grill. Preheat your grill to Medium heat (around 350 degrees F) for two-zone cooking (one side with direct heat, and one side with indirect heat).
- Cook the corn. Place the whole corn still in the husk on the indirect heat side of the grill. Close the lid, and cook the corn for 45 minutes, rotating occasionally.
- Remove from heat and husk. Remove the corn from the grill. Using a sharp knife, cut the root end off the corn (about 1/2 inch above the bottom end). While squeezing the silk end of the corn, gently work out the cob. Your corn should be fully husked and silk free! Repeat with all remaining corn.
- Make the Buffalo sauce. In a medium bowl, combine Buffalo sauce and melted butter. Stir to combine, then brush liberally over the corn.
- Grill on direct heat. Place the sauced corn on the direct heat side of the grill. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side, brushing with additional sauce as desired.
- Remove, add some cheese, and enjoy. Once the corn is evenly roasted, remove it to a serving platter. Sprinkle the Buffalo corn with crumbled blue cheese, and serve hot.
More Grilled Corn Recipes
Easy Grilled Corn
Grilled Corn Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
Elote (Mexican Street Corn)
Buffalo Grilled Corn Recipe
Watch the video below, and let’s make something delicious! I’m all about helping you make better BBQ, feed the people you love, and become a BBQ hero Check out more Hey Grill Hey behind the scenes action on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube!
Buffalo Grilled Corn with Blue Cheese
- 6 ears sweet corn (silk ends and loose leaves clipped off)
- 1 cup Buffalo wing sauce (I like Frank's)
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 4 oz blue cheese crumbles (smoked, if you can find it)
- Preheat your grill to Medium heat (350 degrees F) for two-zone cooking.
- Place the whole corn in the husk on the indirect side of your grill. Close the lid and cook for 45 minutes, rotating occasionally.
- Remove the corn from the grill. Use a sharp knife to cut the root end off the corn, about 1/2 inch above the bottom end. To husk your corn, constantly squeeze the silk end of the corn and gently work out the cob. Your corn should be silk free! Repeat with the remaining corn.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Buffalo sauce and the melted butter. Stir to combine and then brush liberally all over the ears of corn.
- Return the sauced corn to the grill, this time on the direct heat side. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side, brushing with additional sauce, as desired.
- Once the corn is evenly roasted to your liking, remove to a serving platter and sprinkle with the crumbled blue cheese.
**This post was originally published May 2017. It has since been updated with more information and helpful tips. The recipe remains the same.
BBQ Must Haves
leave a review
Required fields are marked *
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!