This Homemade Veggie Shake is totally perfect for grilling up all of your favorite vegetables. Flavorful herbs and robust spices come together in a simple blend that elevates everything you sprinkle it on. This rub is made up of ingredients I almost always have on hand and saves so much money compared to the pre-made mixes on the market.
I created this homemade veggie shake specifically for grilled vegetables but to be honest with you, this makes some unbelievable grilled chicken and fish as well. It is really versatile and simple to use on anything you want to add a little extra zing to. Simply drizzle whatever you’re grilling with a little avocado or olive oil and liberally sprinkle on the homemade veggie shake.
PRO TIP: For homemade spice mixtures, I always try to use coarse ground Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Neither of these things are required, but they will elevate your rubs to a more gourmet flavor and appearance.
This spice blend only makes enough for 1 large batch of grilled veggies. If you want to make a bunch to store, I recommend multiplying the recipe and storing in airtight containers. I like to save my old spice jars and wash them out, that way when I have homemade rubs prepared I can store them easily. This mixture will last several months, so it is a great one to make and keep on hand.
Homemade Veggie Shake
- 1 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon whole celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Combine all ingredients. If you prefer a little heat, add in the crushed red pepper flakes. Use immediately or store in an airtight container for up to two months. Use to season vegetables, chicken, or fish before grilling.