posted June 16, 2020
Grilled Potato Wedges
Grilled Potato Wedges are the perfect side dish for all your BBQ entrees. Grilled in a tasty ranch seasoning, these potatoes only require 3 ingredients and 30 minutes to make, saving you time and effort when making dinner.
Crispy Potato Wedges on the Grill
Potatoes and BBQ go together like peanut butter and jelly. Whether you’re making some hamburgers or you have a steak on the grill, grilled potatoes help to round out the meal and make for a perfect side dish.
Not only are potatoes the perfect dinner sidekick, I find I save oodles of time cooking dinner when I’m able to cook my side alongside the main dish. These potato wedges cook extremely quickly, so you can toss them on the grill during that final 30 minutes of your meat cooking.
By cooking these potato wedges on the grill, you also ensure that they are crisp and cooked to perfection. They’ll be soft on the inside with a beautiful char on the outside. You’re gonna love ’em.
Grilled Potato Wedges Seasoning
The key to making these potato wedges the best of the best is in the seasoning. I’m keeping things easy for you guys with a seasoning that is already pre-mixed and ready to go. All you need to do to give these potatoes tons of flavor is open a packet of ranch seasoning and mix it in a bowl with melted butter.
Next, pour the melted butter over the potatoes and toss to coat. Ba-da bing, ba-da boom, potatoes seasoned! (Told you it was easy.)
Another great thing about these potatoes is how easily you can switch up flavors to compliment the main course. If you’re cooking up some chicken, my Lemon Herb Chicken Seasoning would taste awesome. If you don’t have a packet of ranch seasoning handy, try out some taco or Cajun seasoning.
The sky’s the limit with these taters, so go nuts! Simply mix the seasoning in a mixing bowl with butter and you’re well on your way to flavor town!
How to Cook Potato Wedges on the Grill
Once you have your potatoes seasoned, grilling them is a breeze. Here’s what you’ll need to do to cook up these tasty taters:
- Preheat your grill. Get that grill up and running. I used my Weber Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill to cook up these bad boys, but any grill will do. Get the heat running around 350-400 degrees F. Cut and season your potatoes while the grill preheats.
- Grill. Place each seasoned potato wedge cut side down on the grill grates. Close the lid, and cook for about 5 minutes. Next, open the lid, flip the potatoes skin side down. Close the lid again and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately. I recommend cooking these when you are just about ready to serve your meal, as they taste best nice and hot. You can sprinkle additional salt, to taste, if desired.
More Potato Recipes
Alright, potato fiends. The search for the best potato recipes is over – they’re here at Hey Grill Hey! Check out some of my favorites below:
Best Grilled Potato Wedges Recipe
Grilled Potato Wedges
- 3 large russet potatoes (cut lengthwise into 16 wedges each (48 total))
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- ¼ cup ranch seasoning
- Preheat the grill. Preheat your grill to 350-400 degrees F.
- Season the potatoes. Place your sliced potato wedges in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter and the ranch seasoning, stirring to break up and seasoning clumps. Pour the melted butter over the potatoes and toss to evenly coat.
- Grill the potato wedges. Set each potato wedge, cut side down, onto the grill grates. Close the lid and grill for 4-5 minutes. Open the lid and flip each potato to the opposite cut side. Close the lid and cook for 4-5 more minutes. Open the lid again and flip the potatoes skin side down on the grill grates. Close the lid again and cook for the last 4-5 minutes.
- Season and serve. The potato wedges should have a little bit of char on each side and be tender inside. Sprinkle with additional salt, if desired, and serve immediately.
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!