posted September 13, 2019
Garlic Parmesan Grilled Green Beans
These Garlic Parmesan Grilled Green Beans are a quick and delicious way to make green beans. Garlic and Parmesan add the perfect flavor to the expertly grilled green beans. This is a side dish that is ready to serve alongside just about anything.
Grilled Green Beans
Grilling green beans is extremely easy, and the beans come out with an extra fire roasted punch of flavor. You can grill green beans on any grill you have in your backyard, but I found that these beans taste great when they’re grilled over hot charcoal. Charcoal is quite amazing with vegetables, and these green beans are no exception.
While you can always keep things simple and season with olive oil, salt, and pepper, I decided to add fresh garlic and Parmesan to these green beans to give them some extra flavor. Ya know, fancy them up a bit. We always had melted Parmesan cheese on our green beans growing up, so it only seemed natural to add some to this tasty grill.
Fresh Green Beans on the Grill
Yes, you can cook fresh green beans on the grill! You just need a handy tool to ensure you don’t lose all your beans through the grill grates. If you don’t already have a grilling basket, I highly suggest getting one pronto. It’s the easiest and slickest way to cook vegetables (and more) on a grill. The ventilation holes allow heat and smoke to reach the food without worrying about anything getting lost in your grill.
You don’t need to do anything special with these green beans prior to grilling (aside from trimming the ends and seasoning them). No boiling needed, simply toss them fresh right on the grill and you’re less than 20 minutes away from the most delicious green beans ever.
How to Grill Green Beans
Grilling green beans is easy as pie. In fact, pie requires many more steps, so it’s actually EASIER than pie. Simply season and grill. That’s it. Here’s the rundown on how to grill green beans:
- Fire up the grill! Preheat your grill (I grilled these green beans on my Weber charcoal grill) to Medium-High heat (around 400 degrees F).
- Prep the beans. Wash and cut the ends off the green beans. Place them in a vegetable grilling basket. Drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the green beans. Place the grilling basket with the seasoned green beans on the grill, close the lid, and cook them for 5-7 minutes. Toss them occasionally so they cook evenly.
- Give ’em some garlic. Add the garlic to the green beans and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes or until the green beans are cooked to your desired doneness (I think these taste best when they still have a bit of a crunch to them).
- Get cheesy. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top of the beans, close the lid on the grill, and allow the beans to cook for 1 more minute until the cheese in melted.
- Serve hot. Once the green beans are cooked to perfection and the cheese is melty and looking irresistible, remove the beans from the grill and serve immediately.
More Grilled Sides
If you’re a BBQ fiend like me, then most of your dinners are made on the grill. One great way to save time and energy is to cook your sides on the grill at the same time your main course is cooking. Beans, sweet potatoes, corn, and more taste amazing when grilled. Check out more of these delicious grilled sides from Hey Grill Hey:
Grilled Green Beans Recipe
Let’s make something delicious! I’m all about helping you make better BBQ, feed the people you love, and become a backyard BBQ hero. If you want to see more of my recipes, tips, and behind the scenes action, follow along on my social channels. You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube!
Grilled Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 oz parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Preheat your grill to Medium-High 400 degrees F.
- Wash and trim the ends off of your green beans, place them in your vegetable grilling basket
- Drizzle with olive oil and season iwth salt and pepper
- Place the basket with the green beans on the 5-7 minutes, close the lid, tossing occasionally with tongs so they cook evenly. Add in the garlic and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes or until green beans are to your desired tenderness. You can cook them longer if you like them softer.
- Sprinkle all over the top with the parmesan cheese, close the lid, and allow the green beans to cook for 1 more minute to allow the cheese to melt.
- Remove the green beans from the grill and serve.
join the grill squad
Looking to up your BBQ game and become the ultimate backyard BBQ hero? Join my members-only group, The Grill Squad, for full access to my master classes, podcasts, and so much more! For a one-time payment of $89.99, you’ll join an amazing community of grillers that will help support you as you feed the people you love.
Join the Grill Squad