posted August 25, 2020
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
This Grilled Bruschetta Chicken is the perfect dinner when you want something delicious that is ready in 30 minutes or less. Tender grilled chicken dripping with melty smoked mozzarella and tangy sweet tomatoes is served on a bed of whole wheat spaghetti with cracked black pepper and freshly shaved Parmesan for a meal the whole family can get into.
Grilled Chicken with Bruschetta
Simple grilled chicken is a classic for a weeknight dinner, but let’s face it, it gets old and boring super quick. One standard fall back is to smother it all in some sugar sweet marinade or sauce to up the yum factor, but since The Todd is passing on sugar these days I had to get a little more creative.
We’ve got a plethora of fresh garden tomatoes around this time of year. (And by we, I obviously mean my generous neighbors because I am the worst gardener ever. EVER.) One of my favorite snacks to whip up is a double batch of crispy bruschetta with balsamic marinated tomatoes. The first batch I eat in it’s entirety while preparing dinner, and the second I use to top this grilled chicken for dinner, which I then also eat in it’s entirety. I might have a satiety problem when it comes to these marinated tomatoes.
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta Pasta
For a simple and fresh dinner on the table in under 30 minutes, this one really can’t be beat. It’s flavorful and filling. All you need are a couple tasty sides to make this a meal that will please adults and kids alike. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
This grilled chicken bruschetta is kicked up a notch by serving it over spaghetti. While this is simply a serving suggestion, it makes for a tasty meal that is good and filling. Drizzle all of the extra liquid from the tomatoes onto the pasta and it’ll blow your mind!
How to Make Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
This chicken comes together fast and easy, making it the perfect recipe to bookmark and reference on busy weeknights. For a full ingredient list and printable recipe, scroll below.
- Grill the chicken. Turn on your grill and allow it to preheat to 425 degrees F. Season the chicken with Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and black pepper. Place the seasoned chicken directly on the grill grates and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Make sure to use a reliable meat thermometer so you don’t overcook your chicken.
- Make the marinated tomatoes. Combine fresh diced tomatoes (ripe garden tomatoes are my preference in this recipe if available). balsamic vinegar, basil, garlic, and salt and pepper (to taste) in a bowl.
- Assemble the grilled chicken bruschetta. Once your chicken reaches 165 degrees F, top it with mozarella cheese and a spoonful of the marinated tomatoes. Close the lid on the grill and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Enjoy. Serve the chicken hot. For a little extra oomph, cook up some spaghetti and serve the grilled chicken bruschetta over the spaghetti.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes
Looking for more grilled chicken recipes to add variety to your grill-and-go weekday dinners? Look no further than some of these awesome recipes below:
- Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Thai Grilled Chicken Pizza
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Jalapeno Lime Ranch
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta Recipe
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella (sliced)
- Parmesan cheese (for garnish, optional)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 medium fresh ripe tomatoes (diced)
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons basil leaves (rolled and cut into strips)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Kosher salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the grill. Prepare your grill by spraying the grates with non-stick spray and turning the temperature setting up to medium high. Close the lid and allow the grill to preheat to about 400-425 degrees F.
- Season and grill the chicken. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with the Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and pepper. Place on the grill grates and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning once, until an internal thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
- Make the marinated tomatoes. While the chicken cooks, combine the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Add the cheese and tomatoes to the chicken. Once the chicken is up to temperature, top each with 2 slices of the smoked mozzarella and a spoonful of the marinated tomatoes. Close the lid and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot. Serve the grilled chicken on a bed of spaghetti with the extra marinated tomatoes and a shaving of fresh Parmesan cheese.
**This post was originally published in September 2015. We recently updated it with more information and helpful tips. The recipe remains the same.
BBQ Must Haves
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!