These Grilled Buffalo Chicken Skewers are little bites of tender chicken seasoned perfectly and combined with roasted peppers to make a perfect meal. Buffalo chicken is everyone’s favorite, and these come together in a cinch!
I am a huge fan of finger foods!! BBQ is about getting your hands a little dirty and then licking off all of the goodness that is left when the meat is gone!! (Someone is going to hate me for saying that). This recipe for Grilled Buffalo Chicken Skewers is just one of those meals you get your hands dirty with!! So dang tasty with the perfect amount of heat!
Buffalo chicken is a delicious go to recipe that you find in almost any restaurant and we all love to eat it up!! It’s the perfect flavor combinations and always a crowd pleaser.
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Skewers
Tender seasoned chicken breast is skewered with bell peppers and onions then lightly seasoned with Cajun seasoning and basted with buttery Buffalo sauce. It makes for an ultra flavorful, super simple meal that is ready in a snap. Serve with a side of red beans and rice and a crisp salad for a Cajun/Buffalo fusion meal that will knock your socks off!
Side note: if you are whipping up these kebabs for a party (maybe like a Super Bowl party or something) skip the pepper and onions and double up on chicken for the ultimate boneless skinless Buffalo chicken skewer!
Grilled Buffalo Chicken
You really can’t go wrong when this is what you dish up! Grilled Buffalo Chicken is always perfect for big groups. These can be assembled and seasoned ahead of time, then when guests start arriving toss them on the hot grill. Skewers cook quickly since everything is diced into smaller pieces, they will be ready by the time your guests are hungry. A great way to make sure your chicken is cooked all the way through is to use a good thermometer. I always recommend the Thermapen from ThermoWorks.
To help temper the spice on these Grilled Buffalo Chicken Skewers, serve with ranch dressing for dipping. We all know how well ranch and Buffalo sauce go together! These are always perfect for tailgaiting, or when you are assigned the appetizer!! Bring these and steal the show, everyone will be talking about your dish!!
Bonus: Grilled Buffalo Chicken Skewers make ridiculously delicious leftovers. Wrap a few in foil and reheat on the grill for a few minutes per side and they are to die for!
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Skewers Recipe
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Skewers
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small yellow onion diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning Your favorite brand works, I've also used Old Bay Seasoning (not necessarily Cajun, but delicious!)
- 1/2 cup Frank's Buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 6 bamboo skewers
- Before skewering your kebabs, allow your bamboo skewers to soak in water for 2 hours. This will help them not to burn on the hot grill. If you are using metal skewers, skip this step! Preheat your grill to medium high (around 425-450 degrees F)
- Alternate chicken, peppers, and onions on your skewers. After all of the ingredients have been placed on the skewers, season with the Cajun seasoning.
- Place your kebabs on the grill and allow to cook on one side for 6-8 minutes. Flip once and continue cooking on the other side for an additional 6-8 minutes.
- While the kebabs cook, heat the Buffalo sauce and salted butter over medium heat on your stove top. Stir well to combine. Take the Buffalo sauce mixture out to the grill and baste each kebab liberally.
- Cook for an additional few minutes until the Buffalo sauce has set and the internal temperature of your kebabs reads 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the grill and serve with ranch dressing for dipping.