posted April 15, 2022
ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 Thermometer Review
Hey there, BBQ Friends! Today, I’m taking a look at the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 Thermometer. The Finaltouch X10 is a new player in the instant-read thermometer game that boasts some incredible features. Will it hold its own in this highly competitive market? Let’s find out!
ChefsTemp sent us this equipment for testing and review purposes, however, all opinions are our own.
Please note: Hey Grill Hey is supported by its readers. We may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you if you buy through a link on this page.
- Super Portable
- Great Value for your Money
- 3 Year Warranty
- Food Probe Not Included
- Power Options
- Power Cable Storage
ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 Features
The Finaltouch X10 features the following:
- World’s Fastest and Super Accurate: 1 second reading time and ±0.7F accuracy. Superior technology makes the Finaltouch X10 the fastest thermometer in the world…head and shoulders above the rest.
- 270 Degrees Rotation Probe: perfect for left-handed cooks and for reaching awkward angles.
- Big Sharp Display: Large screen with huge digits makes viewing temperatures easy from any angle. Perfect for cooking in the day and night.
- Auto-rotating Display: Built-in motion sensors can detect if the device is upside down and rotate the display accordingly, a simple solution for awkward angles and left-handers.
- Motion-activated Wake-up Mode: Pick up your Finaltouch X10 and it will turn on instantly, set it down to activate the battery-saving sleep mode.
- Intelligent Backlight: The backlit motion-sensing display sleeps and wakes automatically and is bright enough for the dimmest conditions.
- IP67 Waterproof: It has an IP67 waterproof rating, meaning it can withstand up to 1 meter of water for 30 minutes.
- Long Battery Life: 3000 hours of battery life or about 3-5 years using time. You do not need to worry about the battery power.
- Magnetic Backing: You can stick the Finaltouch X10 cooking thermometer to any metal surface.
- NSF Certified: Finaltouch is rigorously tested and meets the highest standards for public health protection. NSF certified by the National Sanitation Foundation.
The ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10
The ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 is one of the newest players in the instant-read thermometer game. It’s solidly built, accurate, and packed full of features. One of my favorite inclusions is the large, beautiful rotating display. It has a super bright backlight making it easy to read when you’re in the dark and rotates so it can be read from any orientation.
To turn the unit on, simply rotate the probe away from the main body and you’re ready to go! The probe has a swivel range of 270 degrees, making this thermometer super easy to use for us left-handers.
Also included on the front of the unit is a hold button. When pressed, this button locks the current temperature on the screen to help you keep track of the reading.
The Finaltouch X10 features magnets in the back-side of the case which can be super handy. Also included on the back side of the case is the battery door. The unit uses 2 AAA batteries and has a seal around the battery door helping to provide the IP67 waterproof rating.
ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 Testing
Here’s where this review gets mighty interesting. I’ve used tons and tons of different instant-read thermometers and I’m here to tell you, you get what you pay for.
ChefsTemp makes some bold claims for the Finaltouch X10, stating “World’s Fastest and Super Accurate: 1 second reading time and ±0.7F accuracy” on their website. The more detail-oriented reader will notice, however, on the box the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 states that it has a 2-3 second reading time.
Well, which is it?
I reached out to ChefsTemp via email asking about this discrepancy and was told that they were just in the process of updating their packaging to reflect the latest performance figures for the product. Prior to my testing, I’d have thought this explanation to be good enough.
Curious, I put the Finaltouch X10 head to head against my ThermoWorks Thermapen ONE, a thermometer I’ve verified has a 1 second read time and falls within its accuracy rating. The Finaltouch X10 was outmatched in both speed and accuracy, with the read speed much closer to a Thermapen MK4. I then put it head to head with my MK4 (pictured above) and they were neck and neck for read speed.
When tested in ice water, the Finaltouch X10 was pretty close, but not as accurate as I’d like to see. The results were the same with each of the 3 units I tested. This isn’t a big deal though, since there is a button under the battery door used to calibrate the unit.
I’m not saying that this thermometer is bad in the slightest. What I am saying though is that when it comes to online marketing and sales pitches; trust, but verify. The read-speed listed on the box seems to be much closer to the more accurate figure.
What We Like
Here are some of my favorite things about the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10:
- Solid Construction – This thermometer is very well built and feels solid in the hand.
- Large, Easy to Read Display – The display on this unit is absolutely beautiful.
- 270 Degree Probe Rotation – When combined with the rotating display, this is absolutely incredible for us lefties. Sometimes it seems like companies forget we exist.
What Could be Improved
- Marketing Inconsistencies – Make the website match the package, and be honest please.
- Size – Compared to some of my other instant-read units, the Finaltouch X10 is a touch bulky.
Great Recipes for the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10
Do you have the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10, or are you planning on buying one in the future? If so, I recommend trying these awesome recipes on your grill.
ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 Review: Final Thoughts
Seemingly inaccurate advertising aside, the Finaltouch X10 is a great unit. For just $69.99 (price at the time of review) you get a very well built unit that is accurate, easy to use, and gets the job done well. If the steep price for the more premium units is just a little too rich for your blood, I’d absolutely recommend you pick one of these up. Just keep your expectations in check.
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!