posted December 07, 2023
BBQ Gifts for the Grillmaster
I make finding the perfect Christmas or birthday BBQ Gifts for the Grillmaster in your life quick and simple. From creating full grill sets to stocking stuffers and last minute digital ideas, I’ve got you covered.
If your significant other is ready to bite the bullet on a pellet smoker, then you can’t go wrong with Camp Chef. Their products and customer service are both top notch overall. I personally cook on a Camp Chef pellet smoker on a regular basis. If you want to get more in depth, then check out my Backyard BBQ Grill Guide for more on all the grills I use.
These are some of my favorite Camp Chef pellet smokers:
- Splurge: If you’re looking for a pellet grill with the latest WiFi technology, look to the Camp Chef Woodwind with Wifi. This grill easily connects to your smart phone via the Camp Chef App. You can purchase a model that fits your needs in the $900.00 to $1,500.00 range.
- Save: If Wifi isn’t a necessity for you, the Camp Chef’s SmokePro XT 24 is a cool $550. Even though it’s smaller and can’t stream movies, you’ll still be able to smoke quite the feast on this guy.
Whether you’re looking for a gas or charcoal grill, there are many options out there that won’t break the bank. Weber is my go-to for both charcoal and gas grills, and Home Depot is an awesome place to purchase all your gift grills. Here are some awesome grill options to consider this year.
- Splurge: If you’re looking for a large and in charge charcoal or gas grill, I highly recommend the Weber 22″ Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill and the Weber Genesis Gas Grill. Both are loaded with features and can handle a lot of food.
- Save: If you want something simple and functional, the classic Weber 22″ Original Kettle Charcoal Grill is the grill for you. At under $200, you can grill delicious food and still have some cash to splurge on premium meats. If you going the gas route, check out the Nexgrill 5-Burner Propane Gas Grill.
Stumped what to give the grillmaster with everything? Knives are great BBQ gifts for under the Christmas tree. When slicing vegetables or cutting up a slow-cooked brisket, knives are one of the most important kitchen tools. Knives always make a great gift for cooks of any level.
- Splurge: This Dalstrong Magnetic Knife Block is an amazing kitchen gift for the cook who already has everything. Even those with all the latest and greatest knives need more storage space.
- Save: Looking for one solid knife to use for all your cutting needs? The Dalstrong 8″ Chef Knife is a jack of all trades. At under $100, it’s well worth the money, and you or your loved one will be slicing and dicing like an infomercial star.
If you’re a regular at Hey Grill Hey, you know I often recommend cooking to temperature rather than time. I cannot emphasize enough how important a reliable meat thermometer is when cooking. ThermoWorks is my favorite thermometer company. They make high quality products that provide quick and accurate readings. These thermometers make the perfect gifts for birthdays, holidays, and more, so check out my favorite options below:
- Splurge: If you’ve got some extra dough, then splurge and grab the Signals 4-Channel BBQ Alarm Thermometer). This guy has WiFi and Bluetooth technology to help you easily keep track of all your temps. If you’re looking for something just a smidge cheaper, the Thermapen ONE is the perfect thermometer for serious grillers.
- Save: For a small, yet awesome thermometer, the ThermoPop is perfect for beginning grillers. It will give you a super fast and reliable temperature readout without breaking the bank.
BBQ Gifts, Accessories, and Tools
Where would a Backyard BBQ Pitmaster be without their gadgets and tools? This section contains several of my go-to items, and products that make grilling and smoking easier. If you’re looking for a variety of BBQ gifts to give out this season, this is the section for you.
- Splurge: If you have a friend in the smoking game ready to take on succulent Smoked Pulled Pork, then splurge and get them some Hey Grill Hey Meat Shredder Claws. These bad boys are ready to tear and pull the juiciest pork imaginable.
- Save: If you’re looking for a collection of awesome gadgets, this list should provide you with some exciting ideas. They’re all available on Amazon, making shipping them to friends and family a breeze.
Seasoning and Sauce BBQ Gifts
Hey Grill Hey makes a variety of amazing sauces and rubs ready to ship directly to your loved ones. That’s right, head to the Hey Grill Hey Store to check out our seasonings, kits, accessories, and more:
- Splurge: For the perfect all-in-one gift this season, the Pitmaster’s Choice set Is a steal. With 3 separate sauces and rubs (6 flavors in total), it’s the best way to try out a nice combo of all the flavors Hey Grill Hey has to offer.
- Save: Don’t have a lot of space on hand? Look no further than our single bottles of rubs and sauces. These guys are economical, and make the perfect gift for family and friends. We’ve also got some genius kits available in the shop at the links below:
Next up, let’s talk meat. If you’re wanting to try some fancy meat this year, you’ve gotta try Snake River Farms or Vermont Wagyu. You won’t miss the pre-packaged stuff from your grocer, I promise. They take great care in preparing and shipping their premium cuts of meat for you. We’re talking out-of-this-world flavors from undeniably quality meats. Yes, they’re both splurges. We’re talking about the people you love, give them the good meat.
- Splurge: Let’s talk about a little holiday splurge, shall we? Snake River Farms is a family-owned, quality driven farm that produces the most delicious American Wagyu beef. Surely quality meats right to your family’s front door says love.
- Splurge: Vermont Wagyu is a quarterly meat subscription that delivers ranch raised beef directly to your door. Our family subscribes to Vermont Wagyu’s club subscription, and their ground beef is some of the best I’ve ever had.
Digital BBQ Gifts
Lastly, do you have a BBQ lover in your life you can’t be with for the holidays? Don’t stress out, because I’ve got the perfect digital BBQ gifts to send regardless of your budget. Just because you can’t be with them, doesn’t mean you can’t support their love of BBQ.
- Splurge: Set your favorite griller up for success with a gift membership to The Grill Squad. This exclusive membership grants them access to in-depth courses on grilling all the tastiest meats, including how-to videos and workbooks. Members also receive discounts at the Hey Grill Hey store, and access to my app. This is the perfect gift for someone looking to dedicate time to mastering the grill.
- Save: If instead you’re shopping for a loved one who doesn’t have time for a deep dive on pork butt, my Hey Grill Hey app is a great option. Users get access to my collection of over 500 BBQ recipes, as well as the ability to meal plan and make grocery lists. This is redeemable with an Apple or Googly Play gift card, and is obviously included with a Grill Squad gift membership.
Still not sure?
If you still can’t find the right gift for the grillmaster in your life, you can go for a digital gift card to the Hey Grill Hey store. Obviously it’s less personal, but they get to pick their favorite rubs and sauces, Oh, and you get credit for supporting their love for grilling (and probably some delicious food, too).
This list of BBQ Gifts was created for you, backyard griller. Here at Hey Grill Hey, we’re in the business of helping you make better BBQ, feed the people you love, and become a backyard BBQ hero. You can find amazing smoking and grilling recipes in the Hey Grill Hey app in order to try out all your new goodies. Be sure to follow us on Instagram, YouTube, or Facebook so that you don’t miss the latest how-to videos, releases, and more.
BBQ Must Haves
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!