posted August 27, 2015
BLT Bites with Homemade Bacon
Everybody needs a go-to party food. Beautiful, simple, easy to eat on the go, and it’s gotta be delicious. Those little one bite dishes have so much power at a potluck, work gathering, or party. You don’t want to go gather up your plate at the end of the party to see that only two people took your food and then you secretly scrape them all into the garbage while nobody is looking and fake parade around your empty plate. You’re not fooling anybody. You know you want your name on these little BLT Bites.
These pretty little mouthfuls will make people think you have got your life together. Like you’re the kind of person that separates their laundry before washing it and flosses your teeth everyday. You show up with these BLT Bites to a gathering and they will disappear faster than a toupee in a hurricane. People will ask without hesitation, “who made these?!” and you can pretend to be humble and raise your hand and say something like… “Oh, it was nothing. Really.” And your happy self will just glow with pride and you have my absolute permission to revel in that moment. Because you really do kick butt at life, and because these really are simple.
The secret to the success of these bites are thick cut bacon. I make my own bacon (you can too!), so I just slice it to the thickness I want. If you aren’t into that scene, just purchase some thick peppered bacon and you’ll be good to go! Bacon tip for this dish: after you cut your bacon slices into bite sized pieces, lay them flat on a cooling rack, place them over a cookie sheet and bake them in your oven or smoker until they are crispy! This helps prevent shrinkage and wrinkling. Nobody likes that.
Since the ingredients list is so short, make sure you get quality stuff. Use summer tomatoes whenever available and get a delicious loaf of freshly baked bread. These things make ALL the difference. and will set you apart as the office/church/neighborhood resident foodie. Now go impress some people!
BLT Bites with Homemade Bacon
- 6 slices thick cut bacon (cut into 4 pieces per slice)
- 4 slices white Italian bread
- 12 cherry tomatoes, or small garden tomatoes (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup iceberg lettuce (cut into 1 inch squares)
- Preheat your oven or grill to about 425 degrees F. Lay the sliced bacon out on to a cooling rack over a cookie sheet and cook for about 8 minutes or until the bacon is crisp. Allow to cool. While the bacon is cooking, prep the remaining ingredients.
- Preheat your grill or a cast iron grill pan on high. Butter all sides of each slice of bread and place on to the grill grates. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side or until toasted. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- After the bacon and toast cools, begin assembling your bites. First, skewer a tomato piece, a few pieces of iceberg lettuce, a piece of bacon, and a piece of the bread. Repeat until all of the bites are assembled.
- Drizzle each bite with a little of the ranch dressing and serve!
BBQ Must Haves
leave a review
Required fields are marked *
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!