My friends, we are coming down to the last week of #baconmonth and I am trying to bring it home with these Sticky Bacon and Salmon Kebabs. #bacomonth is a collaboration of recipes from amazing bloggers sponsored by Torani and Lodge Cast Iron. I received product in exchange for my participation. As always, the recipes and opinions are all mine.
I’m not here to mince words. These salmon kebabs are legend. Can you remember the last time you even had a salmon kebab? Probably not. And there are reasons. Techincal setbacks, if you will. Read on and I’ll enlighten you on the method to making these salmon kebabs melt in your mouth delicious.
Salmon kebabs aren’t something you typically see on the grill because of the technical issues with grilling small pieces of fish. Fish loves to stick to grills and shred apart, but when you cut that tender fish into tiny bite sized pieces the issue amplifies. You end up with no fish left on your sticks and all of the fish falling through the grates. The solution is being really thorough with oiling your grates (cooking oil soaked into a paper towel and rubbed all over the grates before grilling) and ALSO, the bacon in this recipe. The bacon bath actually acts as a non-stick coating for the outside of the salmon while it grills.
A few weeks ago, I saw THIS VIDEO RECIPE for BBQ Chicken Kebabs from Wanna Bite and I knew there were many more applications for their bacon puree. I was absolutely smitten and went to work immediately developing this recipe for sticky bacon salmon kebabs. The bacon puree really is the secret ingredient to make these kebabs sing. The tender salmon is coated in smoky, savory, bacony goodness, as well as some Spicy Kola Nut syrup from Torani. It is essentially a really concentrated cola flavor, so think hints of ginger and allpice. It paired perfectly with the hoisin sauce flavors that I brushed on at the end for that sticky, saucy finish. These may seem complicated and fancy, but truly there are only 5 ingredients and they cook in less than 10 minutes. The ultimate quick dinner!
While you’re here, scroll on down and check out this week’s other offerings from my friends for #baconmonth! And be sure to enter our GIVEAWAYS!! You definitely want to win PayPal dollars and gift cards to Torani and Lodge!
Bacon & Egg Puffs from It Is A Keeper
Bacon Scalloped Potatoes from Kleinworth & Co.
Savory Oatmeal with Bacon, Spinach and Blistered Tomatoes from Cooking in Stilettos
Beer Bacon and Cheese Dip Recipe from Bread Booze Bacon
Sriracha Bacon Lobster Rolls from Nomageddon
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pull-Apart Rolls from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Bacon Pasta Salad with Avocado Crema Sauce from A Simple Pantry
Peanut Butter, Banana & Bacon Muffins from Forking Up
Sticky Bacon and Salmon Kebabs
- 1 lb skinless salmon filet (cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes)
- 2 lemons (sliced)
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Torani Spicy Kola Nut syrup
- 3 Tablespoon Hoisin sauce (divided use)
- Sesame seeds and green onions (optional garnish)
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees F and liberally wipe down the grates with cooking oil. While your grill preheats, prepare your kebabs.
- In a food processor, blend the bacon slices until a puree is created. Mix in the Spicy Kola Nut syrup as well as 1 Tablespoon of the hoisin sauce.
- Pour the bacon sauce over the cubed salmon in a bowl and stir to thoroughly coat the salmon.
- Thread the salmon and lemon slices onto kebab skewers and transfer to the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, turning only once and very carefully. During the last minute of cooking, brush the kebabs with the remaining hoisin sauce.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and green onions (optional) before serving. Enjoy!