posted August 19, 2021
Sheet Pan Salmon and Veggies
This Sheet Pan Salmon is the perfect weeknight dinner when you don’t want to spend very much time on prep or cooking. Delicious salmon and veggies are all cooked on the same pan and will be ready in under 30 minutes!
Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner
Grilled sheet pan dinners are the ultimate weeknight dinner hack. There’s hardly any clean-up, lots of happy mouths, and kids that actually eat their vegetables. The best part is that these sheet pan meals are completely customizable to what your family likes. Swap out the meats or veggies and change up the seasoning blends, and you’ve got at least a dozen options for this quick and simple meal.
The magic to this sheet pan salmon dinner is the seasoning blend. I’m using my Fish and Veggie Rub to amp up the flavor of both the seafood and the roasted vegetables. It goes perfectly with both. The veggies are made sweeter as they roast in the lightly lemony seasoning, and the salmon really amps up the dill flavor in the rub. They all taste a little different but meld beautifully together.
Sheet pan dinners are also a nice, healthy recipe that is still fillings. Oh, and the dishes are pretty much non-existent. It doesn’t get much easier than this!
Sheet Pan Salmon
This recipe calls for a large sockeye salmon fillet, but you can use whatever you have available, including smaller, skin-off fillets. It’s a pretty foolproof recipe, so don’t stress about the specific ingredients.
One final note about this recipe: it’s a great way to get kids to try out different veggies. The seasoning adds a great flavor to the veggies, and you can switch up the veggies you use in this sheet pan dinner to introduce them to new things.
Better yet, have the kids make dinner! All they have to do is place some foil on the pan and add the meat, veggies, and seasoning. Talk about a fun way for kids to get involved without a big mess or much fuss!
Sheet Pan Meat and Veggie Variations
These sheet pan dinners are amazingly versatile. Here are some suggestions for mixing and matching different meats and veggies to satisfy all your family’s favorites. I do recommend
- Fish. I used salmon in this recipe, but you could also try this recipe with trout, tilapia, or halibut.
- Shrimp. Grab some jumbo shrimp, and toss it in the middle of your sheet pan for an awesome, easy dinner.
- Chicken tenders. Have some really picky kids at home? Stick chicken tenders on your pan alongside the veggies and everyone will be happy.
- Sausage. Slice up the sausage into 1″ rounds and place them on the pan to cook.
- Corn on the cob
- Brussels sprouts
For my cooking method listed below (cooking on a pellet smoker or gas grill), I suggest skipping the whole potatoes for this recipe as they won’t cook in time. You can experiment with sliced red potatoes or something similar if desired.
How to Cook Salmon on a Sheet Pan
Cooking salmon on a sheet pan alongside veggies makes for the easiest salmon dinner ever. Here’s how to do it:
- Prep. Preheat the gas grill or pellet smoker to 400-425 degrees F. Arrange your fish and veggies on a large sheet of aluminum foil over a sheet pan. Season with olive oil and my delicious Fish and Veggie Rub. If you don’t have any Fish and Veggie Rub, you can make a similar seasoning using my recipe for Homemade Vegetable Seasoning.
- Grill. Place the pan directly on the grill grates, close the lid, and cook for approximately 20 minutes. Remove when the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F read with an instant-read thermometer.
- Enjoy. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on the meat and veggies, and enjoy immediately!
Bam. Done. I wasn’t kidding when I said this was a ridiculously easy recipe. Hardly any prep at all and dinner ready in 30 minutes!
More Salmon Recipes
Looking for a more traditional salmon recipe? These are a few of our favorite grilled salmon recipes from Hey Grill Hey. Check them out!
- Sweet & Smoky Salmon Seasoning
- Grilled Salmon with Lemon Dill Seasoning
- Grilled Whole Salmon with Lemon and Shallots
Sheet Pan Salmon Recipe
You’re all set to make a quick and easy dinner for the whole family all on one pan. Make sure to come on back to Hey Grill Hey to let us know what you used in your sheet pan recipe! I love hearing how folks customize recipes to better feed their family!
Sheet Pan Salmon
- 1 pound sockeye salmon fillet (skin-on)
- 2 cups bell peppers
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups green beans
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Fish and Veggie BBQ Rub (homemade version available in recipe notes below)
- juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat. Preheat your smoker to 400-425 degrees F. You can also make this on a gas grill.
- Add the salmon and veggies. Lay out a sheet of nonstick aluminum foil on a large rimmed sheet pan. Place the salmon skin-side down in the middle of the foil, and arrange the vegetables around the salmon.
- Season. Drizzle olive oil evenly across the fish and veggies. Season well with the Fish and Veggie Rub.
- Cook the sheet pan salmon. Place the pan directly on the preheated grill grates of the smoker, close the lid, and cook for 20-25 minutes. Stir after 10 minutes. Cook until the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F, and the vegetables are nicely roasted.
- Serve. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon over the salmon and vegetables and dish up! Enjoy!
BBQ Must Haves
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!