My name is Susie, I’m obsessed with fire, and I’m always trying to cook new things on the grill and adapt recipes to add some fun and flair. So goes it with these raspberry cream cheese jalapeno poppers. We love to bring our original jalapeno poppers AKA “The Bomb Bombs” to parties and pot-lucks because they are a mega hit, but sometimes I just get the urge to switch up old classics and so I started thinking of how to re-invent the stuffed jalapeno. I got the idea to head to the sweet side for these Raspberry Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers because #baconmonth is upon us and I felt like this was the direction my life really needed to go. Keep scrolling to the bottom of the post to see the rest of today’s posts for #baconmonth from the best of the best food bloggers around!
Out here in good old Utah, we have this snack that makes it’s appearance at almost every party. It’s a full brick of softened cream cheese and it is dowsed with a jar of goodness (usually some kind of pepper jelly or sweet salsa) and served with chips, crackers etc. as a dip. The flavor combos are endless, but my favorite of all time is this jar of jalapeno raspberry jelly that I get at this specialty grocery store far away from my house. Since I have 3 kids, a blog, and other adult ‘sponsibilities, I don’t venture out to that cute local food boutique as often as I want to so I was driven to recreate the same flavors at home. Plus, bacon. For obvious reasons.
These raspberry cream cheese jalapeno poppers are sweet from the jelly, spicy from the jalapeno (but not too spicy), creamy from the cheese, and, of course, rich and salty from the bacon. They cover all of the major flavor bases and have some serious wow-factor. I hope you guys enjoy these tasty beauties as much as we do! I loved them so much I even cooked them on TV! If you don’t have time to watch now, I just want to pass on some more nuggets of knowledge…
PRO-TIP: Wear gloves. Always. Don’t rub your face or touch your eyes with the gloves on. IF this happens, you can easily remedy the burning with a paste of equal parts baking soda and hydrogen peroxide plus a drop or two of blue Dawn dish soap. I promise this works!
PRO-TIP #2: Take the time to thoroughly scrape out the ribs and seeds from inside of the jalapenos. This step will cut down the heat drastically and even non-spice lovers will enjoy these poppers.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
- 9 medium jalapenos
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup raspberry jelly
- 18 slices bacon
- Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise and clean out the ribs and seeds with a spoon.
- Fill each jalapeno with a small spoonful of both the cream cheese and the raspberry jam. Wrap in a slice of bacon, securing the ends with a toothpick if necessary.
- When ready to cook, prepare your grill for indirect cooking. If you are cooking on gas, turn the burner temperature down to medium low. If you are cooking over charcoal, pile the coals in the middle and arrange the poppers around the outside of the grill. If you are cooking with a pellet grill, set the temperature and allow the grill to preheat for 10-15 minutes before putting the poppers on. You are looking for a grill temperature of about 350 degrees F.
- Grill the poppers with the lid on the grill for 25-30 minutes, turning as necessary to crisp the bacon. Serve immediately and enjoy!