These Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers are perfect for potlucks, parties, appetizers or just because they are delicious!!! We affectionately call these the Bomb Bombs….they are that good!
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
Sometimes the hardest part of writing a recipe isn’t testing ingredient combinations or cooking times, it’s picking the perfect name! When I was working on this one, I went through all of the names I could think of to describe the awesomeness of these flavors without having my title be it’s own paragraph. Cheddar Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos Wrapped in Bacon Grilled? Sausage and Cheese Filled Bacon Wrapped Grilled Jalapenos?
Everything I came up with was technically accurate but they were all waaaaaaaaay too long and impossible to say.
I finally reached the final version “Grilled Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos” because it is short (kind of) and descriptive, but to be honest, this isn’t what we call them. Around these parts, they have been officially dubbed The Bomb Bombs. They earned the name because every time I bring these to a party all I hear is, “These are The Bomb!” These little flavor bombs really are the bomb. Bonus, it is fun to say! BOMB!
Enough about the name, let’s talk about flavor! That’s what we really care about when it comes to food, yeah? These jalapenos are sliced in half, de-seeded, and the ribs are scraped out to remove the intense lip burning heat. They are then filled with a creamy and cheesy bratwurst mixture (this is the real secret ingredient) and wrapped in bacon. If that’s not enough, they are grilled over medium heat to cook the jalapenos and crisp up the bacon. The spice of the jalapeno is beautifully tempered by the creamy filling and made ridiculously delicious by the savory bacon in each bite. Serve as an appetizer with THESE WINGS and you will be the hottest home chef on the block.
Perfect for potlucks, parties, and especially as game-day food, these Bomb Bombs are seriously the bomb. bomb. I can’t help myself.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos (AKA The Bomb Bombs)
- 8-10 fresh jalapenos
- 2 links uncooked bratwurst (skin removed)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 tablespoon McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning ((or your favorite seasoning or rub))
- 8-10 bacon slices
- Place the bratwurst meat in a medium saute pan over medium high heat Cook the bratwursts for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up the meat.
- Turn the heat down to low and stir in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir until well combined. Remove from the heat and set aside while you prepare the peppers.
- Slice the jalapenos in half, lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, scrape out the seeds and ribs from the inside of the jalapenos and discard.
- Fill the jalapenos with the cream cheese mixture.
- Cut the strips of bacon in half so you have 16-20 pieces of bacon. Wrap around the stuffed jalapenos and secure with toothpicks, if necessary. Season with the steak seasoning or your favorite BBQ rub.
- When you are ready to cook, preheat your grill to medium heat (around 350 degrees F). If your grill is direct heat, like propane, I recommend you cook the Bombs on a cookie sheet. If you are cooking over indirect heat (charcoal, pellet grill, offset smoker) you can place them directly on the grill grate.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the jalapenos are tender and the bacon is cooked through. Serve immediately.