This Maple Bourbon Glaze is a sweet and sticky glaze that is perfect on ribs, chicken, and so much more. It’s a delicious and beautiful way to finish up any of your BBQ.
Maple Bourbon Glaze
Maple bourbon glaze is a great glaze that is thinner than a traditional BBQ sauce and is nice and sweet. It’s perfect to use as a finishing sauce, but I can attest from personal experience that this glaze is so good, you can use it as a dipping sauce too!
This glaze is totally awesome when it’s paired with smoked meat. Brush it on toward the end of the smoke and you’ll end up with a super shiny, sticky, finger-licking experience. It’ll taste especially awesome on ribs and chicken, but one great way to use it would be drizzling it on a juicy burger or basting on grilled salmon. My recipe for Maple Bourbon Smoked Ribs uses this exact glaze, and lemme tell ya, those were some of the best ribs I’ve had in a long time.
Ingredients for Maple Bourbon Glaze
This glaze is a breeze to make, and you only need 6 ingredients and a saucepan to cook it up! Here’s what you’ll need to make this glaze:
- Maple syrup
- Brown sugar
- Hey Grill Hey Signature Sweet Rub
- Apple cider vinegar
How to Make Maple Bourbon Glaze
This glaze is ridiculously easy to make, and it will be ready in 40 minutes or less. I like to prep this glaze ahead of time so I have it ready to go whenever I’ll need it.
- Assemble the ingredients. Grab all your ingredients for the glaze, and pull out a medium-sized saucepan.
- Combine and boil. Combine all the ingredients in the saucepan over medium heat. Bring the glaze to a boil.
- Simmer until syrupy. Simmer the glaze for 15-20 minutes until the glaze reaches a nice syrupy consistency. You don’t want this to be too thick, but it should have a little stick.
- Glaze, save, and enjoy! This glaze can be used immediately, or it can be stored in a glass jar or container for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
More Maple Recipes
Maple and BBQ make a fantastic combination. I love adding maple syrup to my glazes and ingredients when grilling and smoking up some good BBQ. Check out these other delicious recipes that use maple syrup to bring a rich, sweet flavor to the mix.
Maple Bourbon Glaze Recipe
Follow the recipe, and I’ll teach you the simple steps to making your own maple bourbon glaze at home. Hey Grill Hey is dedicated to help you make better BBQ, feed the people you love, and become a backyard BBQ hero. You can find more of my smoking and grilling recipes and videos on YouTube, Instagram, or our Facebook Page.
Hey BBQ Sauce lover! Did you know Patio Provisions has Signature Hey Grill Hey rubs and sauces deliciously made and shipped directly to your door? Head over there to purchase your own 3-pack of sauces today!
Maple Bourbon Glaze
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Hey Grill Hey Sweet Rub
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 mins until the glaze reaches a syrupy consistency.
- Use right away or store in a glass jar. Will last at least 2 weeks tightly sealed in the refrigerator.