posted November 01, 2021
Easy Grilled Garlic Bread
It’s hard enough to plan out dinner every single night, but adding sides, drinks, and desserts to the menu complicates the process even more. Thank goodness for quick and easy sides like this recipe for grilled garlic bread. It takes a handful of simple ingredients and turns it into a no-fuss side to compliment any meal.
Grilled Garlic Bread
It’s hard to pass up some savory garlic bread at dinnertime. It goes with just about anything. From Italian to BBQ, having a bite of crunchy, garlicky bread really helps to round out the meal.
Now, this recipe is all about taking the simple and making it shine. While some recipes take a bunch of ingredients, time, and steps, it pays to have quick and easy recipes in your back pocket. All you need is 6 ingredients, 15 minutes (or less), and you’ve got some amazing grilled garlic bread to beef up dinner.
Ingredients for Grilled Garlic Bread
Here’s what you’ll need to get before you make this awesome garlic bread:
- 1 loaf crusty white bread. You can either make this from scratch or purchase a loaf from the store. I was looking for the easiest way to make this garlic bread, so I opted to snag some French bread from the store.
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. I suppose the cheese makes it more of a cheesy garlic bread (vs a simple buttered and seasoned bread), and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Don’t skip the cheese if you can help it. Oh, and I highly recommend freshly shaving it yourself.
For the garlic butter, assemble the following:
- 8 Tablespoons softened salted butter. Unsalted will work as well, but you might need to add a bit of salt to taste to get this bread just right.
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise. Yes. We’re adding mayo to our garlic butter. It adds some extra creaminess with a touch of tang to the mix.
- 6 Tablespoons minced garlic. An obvious must-have for garlic bread.
- 2 teaspoons Beef Rub. Lastly, grab a bottle of my Beef Rub from the Hey Grill Hey Store. This is an awesome salt and pepper-based rub that adds in all the seasonings we need for the garlic butter. If you don’t have any Beef Rub, mix up equal parts salt and pepper.
If you want to give your bread some extra flair, you can garnish it with some fresh chopped parsley.
How to Grill Garlic Bread
Let’s make ourselves some easy grilled garlic bread! Here’s how to cook this on a grill.
- Preheat. Light your grill and allow it to preheat to 400 degrees F. You can cook this bread on pretty much any grill. Gas and charcoal both work well.
- Prep. Combine all ingredients for the garlic butter (salted butter, mayo, minced garlic, and Beef Rub) in a bowl. Slice the bread in half lengthwise and spread the garlic butter. Feel free to add a liberal amount. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Grill. With the grill preheated, place the bread directly on the grates, and grill the garlic bread butter side up for 2-3 minutes. Flip the bread so the butter is down and grill for another 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy. This bread is ready to be enjoyed immediately. Slice into individual portions and top with a sprinkling of shredded parsley, if desired.
As with all my recipes, I encourage you to do what you need to to make this recipe work for you and your family. You can always swap out cheeses, or switch up the seasoning to your liking. Get creative and enjoy that BBQ!
More BBQ Baked Goods Recipes
Cooking food on the grill doesn’t have to be restricted to meat and veggies only. In fact, we’re all about cooking ALL THE THINGS on the grill! You can find all of our awesome recipes on the home page, or check out a few delicious baked goods cooked on the grill from Hey Grill Hey below.
- Grilled Flour Tortillas (From Scratch!)
- Homemade Rolls on the Grill
- Rosemary Parmesan Focaccia Bread
Grilled Garlic Bread Recipe
Now that you know the ins and outs of making this super easy bread, it’s time to dive in. Check out the printable grilled garlic bread recipe below and let me know what you think of it in the comments section.
After all, BBQ doesn’t have to be hard, and Hey Grill Hey is here to get you feeling comfortable with the grill! If you’re looking to up your BBQ game, be sure to join our exclusive grilling membership, The Grill Squad. Gain access to meat master class videos, an exclusive Facebook group, great deals on BBQ gear, and more when you enroll today.
Grilled Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf crusty white bread
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (freshly shaved)
- 8 Tablespoons salted butter (softened)
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise (Dukes or Best Foods)
- 6 Tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Beef Rub
- Preheat. Preheat your grill to 400 degrees F with direct heat.
- Make the garlic butter. Mix all the ingredients for the garlic butter in a medium bowl.
- Butter the bread. Slice the bread in half lengthwise and spread the garlic butter evenly over the cut side of both pieces. Top with the shaved Parmesan cheese.
- Grill. Place the garlic bread on the grill grates, garlic butter side up. Close the lid of the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes. This step will melt the butter and the cheese into the bread. Flip the bread over, garlic butter side down, onto the grates and grill for 2-3 more minutes to add light char, brown the cheese and butter, and toast the bread.
- Enjoy. Remove the bread from the grill and serve immediately.
join the grill squad
Looking to up your BBQ game and become the ultimate backyard BBQ hero? Join my members-only group, The Grill Squad, for full access to my master classes, podcasts, and so much more! For a one-time payment of $89.99, you’ll join an amazing community of grillers that will help support you as you feed the people you love.
Join the Grill Squad