posted January 23, 2023
Garlic Parmesan Wings
For the best appetizer or game day treat around, grill up a batch of my popular Garlic Parmesan Wings that will leave everyone licking their fingers and asking for more. Grilled to fall-off-the-bone perfection and seasoned in a simple garlic Parmesan wing sauce, these wings are ready to party!
Garlic Parmesan Wings
Grilled wings are the best wings, but toss those crispy charred beauties in a homemade garlic parmesan butter sauce and watch out! They are truly next level. You’ll need a pile of napkins and a cold drink because once you start into this platter of wings, you won’t be able to stop.
In the case of these Parmesan garlic wings, I decided to keep them as simple as possible. We’re going with a simple seasoning of my Beef Rub (available in the Hey Grill Hey Store), but if you don’t have any on hand you can mix up 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, and garlic powder as a substitute. The wing sauce only requires 4 simple ingredients as well, but the end result is full of awesome flavor.
Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce
The main element in these parmesan garlic wings is the buttery sauce. After all, they wouldn’t be “garlic Parmesan” wings without the garlic and the parmesan. You only need 4 ingredients to make this sauce. Here’s what you’ll need to assemble.
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup melted salted butter
- 1/4 cup ground Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced parsley
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Wings
Let’s get to it! These garlic parmesan wings are fairly easy to make and don’t take much time to cook on the grill. Here’s how to make garlic parmesan wings.
- Preheat. Fire up your favorite grill (charcoal is usually my preferred grill for chicken wings) and preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Prep. The secret to crispy grilled wings is the process. Start with nice, dry wings. I like to pat mine dry with paper towels to get off any excess moisture. Next, spray your wings with a good amount of high-heat cooking oil. I use spray avocado oil to get even coverage on all sides of the wings. Canola or vegetable oil will work as well.
- Season. I keep the seasoning simple with my Hey Grill Hey Beef Rub (it’s an all-purpose salt and pepper-based rub). Don’t use a rub with any added sugar, it will burn up before the wings are done cooking. A simple rub allows the wings to shine and not create conflict with the sauce.
- Grill. Place the seasoned wings on the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the wings reaches 170-175 degrees F. Be sure to flip the wings every 3-5 minutes to ensure they cook evenly.
- Sauce. Remove the chicken from the grill using tongs and place them directly in the bowl with the garlic parmesan sauce. Toss to coat.
- Serve. Pile these garlic parmesan wings on a serving platter and dig in, my friends! Be sure to have plenty of wet wipes or napkins on hand as these are good and messy!
Tips for Making Garlic Parmesan Wings
Before we get our wings on the grill, take a quick moment to read this section. I’ve highlighted some tips for making the ultimate wings.
- Grill hot and fast. Preheating your grill to 450 degrees F will give you the perfect doneness and get that skin nice and crispy without drying the wings out. Keep them flipping every 3-5 minutes for even cooking and to keep a look out for hot spots on your grill.
- Cook all the way to 175 degrees F. This is hotter than you would cook something lean like chicken breasts, but it is perfect for wings! You end up with juicy meat and a more tender texture. Be sure and use an instant-read thermometer to keep track of the temperature of your chicken!
- Dip in the sauce just before serving. By adding that buttery garlic sauce just moments before eating, you’ll keep the skin crispy and the flavor popping!
More Chicken Wings Recipes
It isn’t game day without a large platter full of chicken wings, and Hey Grill Hey has all the chicken wing recipes you could ever want. Whether you like yours smoked or grilled, there’s something for everyone here. Check out a few top recipes below.
Garlic Parmesan Wings Recipe
Making good food should be easy, and Hey Grill Hey is here to help! Over at the Hey Grill Hey Store, we have sauces, rubs, and more to save you time and energy when you’re busy at the grill. Check it out today!
Garlic Parmesan Wings
- 4 pounds chicken wings (flats and drumettes)
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon Hey Grill Hey Beef Rub (or equal parts salt, pepper, and garlic powder)
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup salted butter (melted)
- ¼ cup ground Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Preheat the grill. Preheat your grill to 425 degrees F.
- Make the garlic Parmesan sauce. Add all of the ingredients for the Parmesan sauce in a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Season. Pat the wings dry and spray or drizzle the chicken wings with avocado oil and then season on all sides with Hey Grill Hey Beef Rub or equal parts salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Grill the wings. Place the chicken wings directly on the grill grates, close the lid, and grill for 15-20 minutes, flipping every 3-5 minutes to prevent burning and to crisp the skin. Cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170-175 degrees F (this is a high temp for chicken, but it helps give you a clean, pull-off-the-bone bite).
- Coat in the sauce. Move the chicken wings from the grill right into the bowl with the garlic Parmesan sauce and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Enjoy. Transfer to your serving platter, top with more Parmesan cheese, and plenty of napkins.
BBQ Must Haves
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!