posted October 11, 2018
Loaded Grilled Sweet Potato Nachos with TABASCO Queso
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos are the cheesy, crispy, delicious snack of your dreams. Grilled sweet potato chips are drizzled with homemade TABASCO® spiked queso sauce and topped with all of the fixings. This post is sponsored by TABASCO®.
LOADED SWEET POTATO NACHOS
There are several ways to make sweet potato chips, you can even buy them from the store, but my favorite way is definitely grilling! Thin sweet potato rounds are tossed in avocado oil, original TABASCO® sauce and a simple seasoning blend before picking up a nice char and crispy edges on the grill.
I set my grill to high using direct heat and cook my sweet potato chips for a couple of minutes per side. They really cook so quickly and there is nothing like fresh grilled chips! The key here is to stay close to the grill and keep an eye on your sweet potatoes. I like to have little spots on each potato that are just charred like the crust on a super delicious wood fired pizza. It adds so much to the flavor of the chips!
We like our sweet potato nachos loaded with black beans, cherry tomatoes, green onions, avocados, and fresh cilantro. To top it all off, I made a homemade TABASCO® spiked queso sauce, because with a gooey cheese sauce you know you’ll get plenty of melty cheese on each bite.
TABASCO® SPIKED QUESO
Making queso from scratch is so incredibly easy and way better than anything store bought. I stick with real cheese and whole milk to make it extra luscious and swirl in TABASCO® Sauce to punch up the flavor and bring the heat! This warm and gooey cheese sauce is the perfect complement to those crispy grilled sweet potato chips.
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos with TABASCO® Queso Recipe
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos with TABASCO Queso
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced into rounds)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
Sweet Potato Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon TABASCO® Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1.5 cups sharp white cheddar
- 1 teaspoon TABASCO® Sauce
Loaded Nachos Toppings
- 1/3 cup black beans
- 1/2 large avocado (diced)
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 Tablespoon green onion (sliced)
- fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- Preheat your grill to High (450 degrees F) for direct grilling.
- Drizzle the sweet potato rounds with the avocado oil and 1 teaspoon of TABASCO® sauce. Combine the ingredients for the sweet potato seasoning and sprinkle it all over the sliced sweet potatoes.
- Grill the sweet potato rounds for 3-4 minutes per side until tender-crisp with a little char on each chip. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter and stir in the flour until no lumps remain. Pour in the milk while whisking and bring to a simmer. Set the temperature to low and stir in the cheddar cheese. Once it is all melted, swirl in the TABASCO® Sauce.
- Drizzle the TABASCO® spiked queso sauce over the grilled sweet potato chips and top with all of your desired toppings. Serve warm!
BBQ Must Haves
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!