posted January 04, 2023
Pellet Grill Chicken Breast
Pellet grill chicken breast is an amazing way to cook chicken breast. The meat comes off the grill juicy and delicious with a nice smoky flavor you won’t get on a regular grill alone.
Chicken Breast on Pellet Grill
Lightly smoky, incredibly juicy, and super flavorful from the seasoning blend, this pellet grill chicken breast is the best way to cook chicken. You can serve these either dry-rubbed or basted in BBQ sauce for a sweet and smoky BBQ chicken that pairs well with anything.
The best thing about this recipe is how easy this chicken is to make. Simply season, grill, baste, and serve. You can also mix and match your favorite seasonings and BBQ sauce in this recipe and make it your own.
Ingredients for Pellet Grill Chicken Breast
My goal with this recipe was to keep things as simple as possible. You won’t find a long list of ingredients needed for this recipe. In fact, if you snag your rubs and seasonings right here it only requires 4 ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need to make this chicken breast.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Hey Grill Hey Sweet Rub
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 cup Hey Grill Hey Everything BBQ Sauce
Both Hey Grill Hey Sweet Rub and Everything BBQ Sauce are available in the Hey Grill Hey Store. If you don’t have any on hand, you can also make these from scratch using my recipes for Best Sweet Rub and Kansas City BBQ Sauce.
As mentioned earlier, this recipe is very customizable, so feel free to substitute the rub and sauce with your favorites or whatever you have in your pantry.
How to Smoke Chicken Breast on a Pellet Grill
Let’s get into the process of making this tasty meal, shall we? Here’s how to cook chicken breast on a pellet grill.
- Preheat. As soon as you’re ready to cook your chicken, turn on the pellet smoker and allow it to fully preheat to 325 degrees F. Season the chicken while the grill heats up.
- Season. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil then season well with Sweet Rub.
- Grill. Place the seasoned chicken on the grates of the pellet grill, and cook for 15 minutes. Flip, and continue cooking until the temperature reaches 150 degrees F.
- Baste. Baste each chicken breast with BBQ sauce. Continue cooking the chicken until it reaches 160 degrees F.
- Rest and serve. Remove the chicken from the pellet grill and place it on a plate. Tent with aluminum foil and rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve with extra BBQ sauce for dipping.
How Long to Cook Chicken Breast on Pellet Grill
It takes approximately 25-30 minutes to cook chicken breast on the pellet grill with the smoker running steady at 325 degrees F. Mind you, this time is just a general guideline, and this time could vary depending on the thickness of your chicken and the steadiness of the heat on your smoker.
Rather than going off of time when cooking chicken, I always recommend cooking to temperature. Grill this chicken breast until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 160 degrees F using an instant-read meat thermometer. Tenting the chicken with foil while it rests will bring the temp up to a final target temperature of 165 degrees F.
More Chicken Breast Recipes
The tasty goodness doesn’t stop here. Hey Grill Hey is loaded with amazing recipes that you can make for your family and friends on your grill or smoker. Here are some other popular chicken breast recipes to check out below.
Pellet Grill Chicken Breast Recipe
Once you finish smoking and enjoying this pellet grill chicken breast recipe, be sure to come back to this post and leave us a comment letting us know how it turned out. Hey Grill Hey is dedicated to creating an environment of supportive and backyard-friendly BBQers that are here to help you become a backyard BBQ hero.
Looking for a way to have all your favorite Hey Grill Hey recipes right at your fingertips? Download the Hey Grill Hey App today and quickly access over 500 recipes right on your smart device!
Pellet Grill Chicken Breast
- Preheat. Preheat your pellet grill to 325 degrees F.
- Season. Drizzle the chicken breast with olive oil and massage to coat on all sides. Season the oiled chicken with Sweet Rub on all sides.
- Grill the chicken. Place the seasoned chicken on the grill grates of the p, close the lid, and cook for 15 minutes. Flip each chicken breast over on the grill, close the lid, and cook for 10 more minutes, or until the chicken reads 150 degrees F internal temperature.
- Baste. Baste each chicken breast with some BBQ sauce. Close the lid and continue cooking for 5-10 more minutes until the chicken reaches 160 degrees F.
- Rest. Remove the chicken from the grill to a rimmed plate or platter to rest. Tent with foil and allow the carry-over cooking to bring the chicken up to a finished internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Enjoy. Serve with additional BBQ sauce on the side and enjoy!
BBQ Must Haves
Join the Grill Squad
The Grill Squad is our exclusive membership program that will transform bland cookouts into booming barbecues that you'll remember for a lifetime. The technique and skills you learn will bring your backyard cookouts to a new level. For the cost of a full brisket, you'll get annual access to an exclusive BBQ community, Pitmaster Classes, discounts, and much much more!