We love us some salmon around here (my kids would shovel it in with a fork in each hand if I let them) so it is pretty imperative that I find some tasty new ways to prepare it! With beautiful, fresh Alaskan salmon fillets gleaming pink and fresh from Costco’s seafood shelves, it’s hard to resist. This recipe for Lemon Parmesan Crusted Grilled Salmon is one of our new favorites! Huge bonus, it’s on the table in under 30 minutes.
Fancy enough for company, but not too complicate for a Tuesday. The lightly seasoned salmon is grilled for several minutes then coated with a vibrant mixture of panko breadcrumbs, lemon zest, fresh dill, and Parmesan cheese and returned to the grill. The salmon cooks perfectly through just as the cheese starts to bubble and the breadcrumbs brown and crisp. I’m obsessed with dill, I have a couple of friends who full on despise it. If you’re in that camp, feel free to switch the dill out for freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley. Both yum! I’m in love. My kids asked for seconds. Dinner felt like a dream, I tell you. Dream.
I cook my salmon over the high setting on my pellet grill, but if you’re cooking on propane or charcoal you might want to place the entire fillet on a parchment lined baking sheet to prevent the skin from charring over the direct heat. If you want to do it in the oven, that’s cool too! Just set to 425 degrees and follow the same cooking time.
Lemon Parmesan Crusted Grilled Salmon
- 1 whole salmon fillet skin on
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese finely shredded or ground
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped dill (or 1 tbsp dried dill)
- 1 lemon, zested then sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your grill to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil the grill grates or use a non-stick grill mat to prevent the salmon from sticking. Check the salmon for any leftover pin bones and remove them. Season with the salt and pepper. Place on the grill, close the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- While the salmon starts cooking, prepare your crust mixture. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, dill, and lemon zest. Stir with a fork. Carefully pour the mixture over the salmon and press on with your hands.
- Close the lid and continue to cook for an additional 7-10 minutes or until the salmon flakes with a fork and the internal temperature reads 145 degrees. Top with the sliced lemons and serve immediately. Enjoy!!