posted May 31, 2019
Grilled Chicken Thighs
These grilled chicken thighs are one of my favorite things to cook on the grill. They’re moist and tender with a fresh herb flavor. Chicken thighs grill up in less than 15 minutes, making them the perfect weeknight dinner for yourself and loved ones.
Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs
If you’re looking for a easy, flavorful way to cook up some chicken, you can’t go wrong with grilled chicken thighs. Boneless chicken thighs are cheap, flavorful, and a breeze to cook. They also make a nice change from the same old chicken breasts that we tend to reach for so often.
Chicken thighs have more dark meat and a higher fat content than chicken breast, allowing them to stay moist and juicy when grilled. They also hold up well to high temperature grilling, meaning you can grill them quick and fast and get a gorgeous texture that simply melts in your mouth.
Another great bonus with choosing chicken thighs over chicken breast is that thighs taste incredible. More fat content means more flavor, making thighs a fantastic option when you want a flavorful cut of meat before adding any seasoning.
Garlic Chicken Thighs Marinade
I love marinades, and I believe they really help to add flavor to your meat. When you combine just the right ingredients in your marinade, they work together perfectly to create a balanced flavor profile and tenderize the meat before you get it on the grill.
All my marinades have the following 5 ingredients to create a perfectly balanced flavor:
- Acid- This element tenderizes the meat and adds that lip-smacking, come-back-for-another-bite flavor.
- Fat- Acts as a buffer between the acid and the meat to prevent the protein from breaking down.
- Salt- Every great marinade needs a savory element. Beyond flavor, salt acts on a deeper level helping deliver flavor to the interior of the meat itself.
- Sugar- Creates balanced flavors on your taste buds. Also acts as salt to convey flavor into the meat on a molecular level.
- Herbs and Spices- Punches up the overall wow factor of your marinade. Fresh herbs, garlic, onion, and chiles are all great options!
The marinade for these chicken thighs makes for the most amazing chicken ever. The chicken comes out crispy from the grill with a fresh herb flavor. The lemon and white wine add some brightness to the chicken and beautifully compliment the sharp garlic.
Subscribe to receive our FREE weekly newsletter, The BBQ Beat, and never miss a new recipe!
join the grill squad
Looking to up your BBQ game and become the ultimate backyard BBQ hero? Join my members-only group, The Grill Squad, for full access to my master classes, podcasts, and so much more! For a one-time payment of $89.99, you’ll join an amazing community of grillers that will help support you as you feed the people you love.
Join the Grill Squad