Cherry Cola BBQ Sauce is going to be your new favorite homemade BBQ sauce! Rich, sweet, tangy and absolutely stellar on my Cherry Cola Smoked Pork Butt (and pretty much everything else).
This recipe calls for pitted cherries and you can use fresh or frozen, both work really well. I also season the sauce with my Homemade BBQ Sweet rub that has smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and a hint of heat from cayenne pepper. I think it is the perfect blend for this sauce!
Cherry Cola BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cherry cola
- 1/2 cup pitted sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 2 Tablespoons Homemade Sweet BBQ Rub link in recipe notes
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cool the sauce slightly and then transfer to a blender. Put the lid on the blender and then blend until fully combined and smooth. Transfer to a lidded jar and chill.
- Sauce will keep for 1 week in the refidgerator.