Grilled Potato Salad
Grilled Potato Salad adds a delicious grilled element to the classic, homemade bowl of potato salad. By grilling the potatoes, you add a crispy crunch to the creamy potatoes for a well-rounded side dish.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes
- 1 pound cooked bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Grilled Potato Salad Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- 2 Tablespoons flat leaf Italian parsley, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in 1 Tablespoon salt and whole baby red potatoes. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
Remove potatoes from the water and carefully cut in half. Drizzle with olive oil and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
Preheat your grill to 450 degrees F for direct heat grilling.
Place potatoes cut side down on the grill grates and grill for 3-5 minutes. Flip and grill for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Remove the potatoes from the grill and allow them to cool. Transfer them to a large bowl and chill completely in the refrigerator.
In a medium bowl combine all ingredients for the dressing.
Add the cooked bacon and hard boiled eggs to the large bowl with the potatoes. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and stir gently to combine. Serve chilled.