Smoked New York Strip Roast
Smoked New York Strip Roast is a great roast to grace your table this holiday season. Strip roast is beefy, juicy, and real people-pleaser.
Servings: 10 people
- 1 10-pound boneless New York strip roast (might also be called strip loin roast)
Homemade Steak Rub
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon crushed coriander seeds (not ground)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Preheat smoker. Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F. I used oak wood for this recipe.
Season the roast. While the smoker is heating, combine all ingredients for the homemade steak rub in a bowl. Sprinkle the rub on all sides of the strip roast.
Smoke the strip roast. Place the roast directly on the grill grates, close the lid, and smoke for approximately 5 hours, or until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 130 degrees F.
Tent and rest. Remove the roast from the smoker, tent it with aluminum foil, and allow the roast to rest for 20 minutes until carryover cooking brings the internal temperature of the roast to 135 degrees F.
Slice and serve. Slice the New York strip roast and serve.
Calories: 1146kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 89g | Fat: 84g | Saturated Fat: 34g | Cholesterol: 390mg | Sodium: 242mg | Potassium: 1455mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1100IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 7mg