This list of Thanksgiving Menu Ideas for 2018 is my idea of the perfect holiday meal! Camp Chef is one of my sponsors and they challenged me to cook an entire Thanksgiving meal on my SGX pellet smoker with the Sidekick attachment and I definitely accepted! Pellet grills are incredibly versatile and allow you to smoke, bake, roast, or grill. Add on the Sidekick (a 30,000 BTU propane burner) and the accessories, and you’ve essentially got a fully functional outdoor kitchen all in one unit.
Apple and Sage Sausage Stuffing (Available exclusively in my Holiday Recipes eBook)
Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles (Available exclusively in my Holiday Recipes eBook)
Salted Caramel Apple Galette
Bonus Recipe, just for you!
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 3 large honeycrisp apples (peeled and sliced)
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup prepared salted caramel
- Preheat your pizza oven (or regular oven with a pizza stone inside) to 550 degrees F.
- Roll out your pie dough on a well floured surface. You want your dough to be about 12 inches across. Spread one half of the caramel sauce on the bottom center of the pie crust.
- Mix the apples, butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Carefully pour the apples into the center of the pie dough, on top of the caramel sauce.
- Pull up the outside edges of the pie crust and crimp them together. Use a pizza spatula to move the pie from your work surface into the pizza oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and crispy and the apples have softened slightly. The apples will retain a bit of crunch with this recipe.
- Top with a drizzle of the remaining caramel sauce and serve.