These Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with TABASCO® Peach Glaze are a balanced bite of sweet, savory, and just a kiss of heat. This post is sponsored by TABASCO®.
Everybody loves bacon wrapped shrimp, but this classic is updated with a gorgeous brush of a sweet and tangy TABASCO® peach glaze. The outside of the bacon is perfectly crisped on the grill and the shrimp stay nice and juicy. The glaze is brushed on during the last few minutes of grilling to caramelize, adding both amazing color and flavor.
Tips for Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Shrimp and bacon typically have two different cooking times, so it is important to pay attention to both elements so they are cooked perfectly and done at the same time. For this recipe, I recommend using Extra Jumbo Shrimp (16-20 per pound) and avoiding any thick sliced bacon. This size shrimp will be thick enough to give the bacon time to cook through and crisp without overcooking the shrimp themselves.
I feel these bacon wrapped shrimp really need a skewer or toothpick to keep everything together. You can use individual toothpicks if you want to serve as an appetizer, or for an entree sized serving, you can thread 4-5 shrimp on a kebab skewer. Just make sure the ends of the bacon are secured to the bacon to prevent them from unraveling on the grill.
TABASCO® Peach Glaze
It is full blown peach season, and I like to find any opportunity I can to use those flavors in my late summer recipes. My best friends mom always made the most amazing fresh peach jam growing up, and those memories absolutely inspired this glaze. If you can’t find fresh jam, it is always easy to find in the grocery store.
This glaze needed a little extra punch to round out that sweet peach jam, so I put in a few dashes of TABASCO® Brand Pepper sauce, garlic, a little soy sauce, and a little Dijon mustard. It is the perfect balance of sweet, savory, plus that classic red pepper TABASCO® kick! This recipe makes enough sauce to glaze on the shrimp, but also extra for dipping. If you still find yourself with some of this finger-licking glaze, you can try brushing it on some grilled chicken breasts. It is absolutely phenomenal!
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Recipe with TABASCO® Peach Glaze
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with TABASCO® Peach Glaze
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp (peeled and veins removed)
- ½ pound bacon (strips cut in half)
- Fresh cracked black pepper
For the Tabasco® Peach Glaze
- 2 cups peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon TABASCO® Brand Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat (about 450 degrees F)
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for the TABASCO® peach glaze, and season with the salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside ¼ cup of the glaze.
- Wrap each shrimp with a half a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick (if necessary). Season the shrimp with the black pepper and place on the grill. Baste with the TABASCO® peach glaze and flip the shrimp every two minutes until the bacon is crisp and the shrimp are opaque. This should take 7-8 minutes total.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill and serve alongside the reserved glaze as a dipping sauce.